Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running cm7(no over-clock) on my droid x for a couple of days now, and i've noticed my battery has been pretty bad, so i was wondering what are the best roms for battery, and also provide good performance, and customization.

-Regy​

·
Average Android
132 Posts
Sensei-Mod has the best battery since it's Blur based.

Spartan67 said:
MIUI its GB based, has great battery life and customization its also really smooth.
MIUI has decent battery, but you can't get anywhere close to what SSM will give you. Nothing against MIUI, it's just 2nd-init ROMs in general.

·
Average Android
405 Posts
KatsumeBlisk said:
Sensei-Mod has the best battery since it's Blur based.

MIUI has decent battery, but you can't get anywhere close to what SSM will give you. Nothing against MIUI, it's just 2nd-init ROMs in general.
I completely agree i have SSM installed on my phone too (Boot Manager, in the Market) the battery life is amazing, but what it has in battery life it lacks in customization.

·
Average Computa
497 Posts
What somebody really needs to do is make a script or app that executes a set amount of everyday actions so everybody would have a baseline. Like it would turn the screen on for a certain amount of time, load the cpu for a certain amount of time, download X amount of megabytes over 3g, etc. You could almost do it with tasker. Im suprised somebody hasnt tried. Would make determining battery life waaaay easier. Sort of like a battery benchmark.

·
Average Android
132 Posts
Spartan67 said:
I completely agree i have SSM installed on my phone too (Boot Manager, in the Market) the battery life is amazing, but what it has in battery life it lacks in customization.
Seems like I skipped over the customization part. XD I should learn how to read better.

·
Android Apprentice
17 Posts
"[TSON said:
"]Best ROM for battery BY FAR is Liberty v0.9, but that runs Froyo BLUR on the Froyo kernel.
Liberty .9 is definitely not on the Froyo kernel. It runs on the .596 gingerbread kernel. It also does not use the Froyo version of blur.

·
Average Android
405 Posts
[TSON said:
Best ROM for battery BY FAR is Liberty v0.9, but that runs Froyo BLUR on the Froyo kernel.
I think your thinking of Liberty 1.5, Liberty .9 is GB and has good battery life, but there hasn't been any updates for awhile now (months)

·
Android Lover
411 Posts
Er, yeah, sorry.
But that monster definitely gets wwwwaaaaaayyy better battery life than any other ROM for this phone, GB, Froyo, 2nd-init or not.

·
Average Android
295 Posts
I'd suggest either Sensei-Mod v3 or Apex RC3 (or RC4 - 605 based, if you follow @bigxie on Twitter). Like others say, lacks the customization of Cyanogenmod or Miui (2nd-init based ROMs) but keeps all the stock functionality (720p video, hdmi, etc) while getting very good battery life.

·
Android Addict
756 Posts
SSM .602 has best battery life for me but it's blur and lacks any customization options other than themes

·
Android Apprentice
24 Posts
mr_brady said:
I'd suggest either Sensei-Mod v3 or Apex RC3 (or RC4 - 605 based, if you follow @bigxie on Twitter). Like others say, lacks the customization of Cyanogenmod or Miui (2nd-init based ROMs) but keeps all the stock functionality (720p video, hdmi, etc) while getting very good battery life.
I don't think apeX has hdmi, I'm running RC3 but don't have a cable to test it. RC3 is better than stock .602 for battery life for me, but this is the first rom I've run. I haven't tried .605 yet, but I can't tell what there is to gain other than a new keyboard, and I use swiftkeyx anyway.

·
Average Android
405 Posts
ImaComputa said:
What somebody really needs to do is make a script or app that executes a set amount of everyday actions so everybody would have a baseline. Like it would turn the screen on for a certain amount of time, load the cpu for a certain amount of time, download X amount of megabytes over 3g, etc. You could almost do it with tasker. Im suprised somebody hasnt tried. Would make determining battery life waaaay easier. Sort of like a battery benchmark.
That would be pretty cool

·
Android Helper
1,687 Posts
NOTHING 2nd Init.....
2n Init Roms eat batteries, no matter which rom you choose. Some are slightly better then others, but none of them come anywhere close to stock GB.
Do Not listen to any who suggest one, they eat batteries.

You can try SSM602, DSX or stock, rooted, Deoxed 602 or 605, each of these by far outdo any 2nd init rom.

The difference is 2nd init roms are more customizable and have more bells & whistles, but, at the expense of your battery.

·
Average Android
405 Posts
"bobcaruso said:
NOTHING 2nd Init.....
2n Init Roms eat batteries, no matter which rom you choose. Some are slightly better then others, but none of them come anywhere close to stock GB.
Do Not listen to any who suggest one, they eat batteries.

You can try SSM602, DSX or stock, rooted, Deoxed 602 or 605, each of these by far outdo any 2nd init rom.

The difference is 2nd init roms are more customizable and have more bells & whistles, but, at the expense of your battery.
Completely true but some people like to customize their phone their phones more than just a couple of themes. I use MIUI alot and I can get 10 hours moderate use, it gets me through most of my day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts