Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy, I just installed a Heinz ROM and I was just wondering what this community considered to be the best "task killer" I put this in quotes so you know im looking for something like advanced task killer, but I want to know if there is a better app

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
What are you wanting to use a "task killer" like ATK for?

I'll tell you now that 95% of the answers to that question are based on ignorance and the follow-up statement to your question in those 95% cases is that "You should NOT be doing that!". Long story short, don't use task killers. For more information, google why and you'll fine quite a few short and lengthy explanations. There are those 5% scenarios that are the exception, but generally, "You should NOT be doing that!".

·
Android Master
563 Posts
"Jaxidian said:

I'll tell you now that 95% of the answers to that question are based on ignorance and the follow-up statement to your question in those 95% cases is that "You should NOT be doing that!". Long story short, don't use task killers. For more information, google why and you'll fine quite a few short and lengthy explanations. There are those 5% scenarios that are the exception, but generally, "You should NOT be doing that!".
This

Sent from my TBolt using my f***cking thumbs...

·
433 Posts
Jaxidian said:

For those 5% scenarios I use a feature in cm7 that lets you hold the back button & kill the app. I love it.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I wish it was in vanilla GB. I just use the manage apps option though. Just as good. Although most of the time the apps are cached and not active so there's not really anything to kill.

·
Android or Die
290 Posts
"SyNiK4L said:
best task killer is none...lol although i do keep task panel just to kill apps that are f'ing up
Agreed. They are no good Ana should be only used for that purpose.

Sent from my Root Stick using Black RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Apart from the obvious reasons of Task Killers being unnecessary, there are a couple monitor / manager apps. SystemPanel and Watchdog are good. Both are similar but with Watchdog you can set a threshold of activity that can alert you to a runaway app as opposed to realizing after a while that something is amiss and looking in SystemPanel / killing.

They are task killers but have more useful features.

Sent from muh Supersonic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts