Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy, I just installed a Heinz ROM and I was just wondering what this community considered to be the best "task killer" I put this in quotes so you know im looking for something like advanced task killer, but I want to know if there is a better app

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
What are you wanting to use a "task killer" like ATK for?

I'll tell you now that 95% of the answers to that question are based on ignorance and the follow-up statement to your question in those 95% cases is that "You should NOT be doing that!". Long story short, don't use task killers. For more information, google why and you'll fine quite a few short and lengthy explanations. There are those 5% scenarios that are the exception, but generally, "You should NOT be doing that!".

·
Android Master
563 Posts
"Jaxidian said:

I'll tell you now that 95% of the answers to that question are based on ignorance and the follow-up statement to your question in those 95% cases is that "You should NOT be doing that!". Long story short, don't use task killers. For more information, google why and you'll fine quite a few short and lengthy explanations. There are those 5% scenarios that are the exception, but generally, "You should NOT be doing that!".
This

Sent from my TBolt using my f***cking thumbs...

·
433 Posts
Jaxidian said:

For those 5% scenarios I use a feature in cm7 that lets you hold the back button & kill the app. I love it.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I wish it was in vanilla GB. I just use the manage apps option though. Just as good. Although most of the time the apps are cached and not active so there's not really anything to kill.

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Apart from the obvious reasons of Task Killers being unnecessary, there are a couple monitor / manager apps. SystemPanel and Watchdog are good. Both are similar but with Watchdog you can set a threshold of activity that can alert you to a runaway app as opposed to realizing after a while that something is amiss and looking in SystemPanel / killing.

They are task killers but have more useful features.

Sent from muh Supersonic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.