Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the trigger on a Bionic on launch day. I rooted the phone day of and didn't have any issues. I downloaded P3Droid's Toolbox Kit today for the Bionic and downloaded the battery meters, and some boot images. I changed the boot image to a white TBH logo. This is where I shot myself in the foot. The boot image was pretty cool and I then decided I would change the battery meter. However, the phone froze while trying to install the meter. It stayed this way for a while with no response, and not knowing what to do, I pulled the battery.

Now my phone only turns on and displays the white TBH logo that I had loaded onto it earlier. I'm afraid I'm stuck in what is apparently a bootloop? Or did I actually just brick my device? Either or, I'm screwed it seems. If anybody can offer any help at all, it'll be greatly appreciated. I would try bringing it back to the store to see what they see, but the only image of a non "Dual-Core Motorola Device" is pretty much a dead give away.

I can hold down the down-volume rocker and press the start button and this brings me to a page where it says

"AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.53

Battery Ok
OK to Program
Connect USB Data"

When I connect the usb cable the "OK to---USB Data" bit changes to

"Transfer Mode
USB Connected"

Maybe this could be of some use to someone who knows what they are doing? Any help at all, please...It'd be greatly greatly appreciated. Even just pointing me in the right direction for a desperate fellow Droid Bionic user would be excellent.

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
Didn't you read the sticky post that specifically says that's a bad idea? You might be able to use ADB to try and replace some of the frameworks and files that tool edits, but I wouldn't know how to do it.

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, looks like I refreshed this page too early. I read the sticky and the sticky told me to ask for help so I did! I even did the first thing reccomended to me.... a hard reset. My hands are trembling as I type this because I'm so angry. Let's say for instance I didn't do a hard reset, what would have been my next moves? Can anybody reccomend anything to de-stress a little?

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
No that is 100% true. And if we have the sbf we will have an unlocked bootloader and you can fix it. Don't lose hope! Its only a matter of time before something comes up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Supporting Member
98 Posts
Yep, even the normal sbf would work. It would just flash it back to the stock image. It would be amazing if one with an unlocked bootloader was leaked but I just hope any sbf is released soon. Then you at least have a last resort to bring your phone back from the dead.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
BrianMigs said:
An unlocked bootloader? So I'm ****ed?
Dude I feel horrible. I'm sorry man I was just tossing the idea out there. From what I understand we may have an sbf-type method available tomorrow. I'm not sure if that'll help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
phydo said:
Dude I feel horrible. I'm sorry man I was just tossing the idea out there. From what I understand we may have an sbf-type method available tomorrow. I'm not sure if that'll help

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Not gonna lie, at first I was cursing you to high heavens! But it's no big deal. I switched back to my BB Tour. You were only trying to help me out! There's no way I can blame you for that! I was just really antsy in getting my phone fixed and did the first thing that was suggested to me. Explain more of the "sbf type method tomorrow"? Does it have anything to do this with this article?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/13/clockworkmod-recovery-booted-up-on-droid3/#disqus_thread

I can only hope so....

·
Supporting Member
107 Posts
"BrianMigs said:
Not gonna lie, at first I was cursing you to high heavens! But it's no big deal. I switched back to my BB Tour. You were only trying to help me out! There's no way I can blame you for that! I was just really antsy in getting my phone fixed and did the first thing that was suggested to me. Explain more of the "sbf type method tomorrow"? Does it have anything to do this with this article?

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/13/clockworkmod-recovery-booted-up-on-droid3/#disqus_thread

I can only hope so....
No sorry it doesn't. But we do need clock work recovery before many mods can be made implemented safely. A sbf will fix your problem I would suspect you'll only need to wait a few more days.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts