Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Supporting Member
107 Posts
Don't hold your breath for a unlocked bootloader. Moto don't play that game. Maybe after google purchase is complete we will see some change.

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm not worried about an unlockable bootloader, I just want that SBF as soon as possible! Hopefully you guys are right in that it will be coming in the next few days or something. Can somebody delve into the topic of Clockwork Recovery Mod a little more? What does it allow a user to do? What does it further unlock?

·
Supporting Member
98 Posts
It allows you to make backups of the system, do full wipes, flash roms, etc. It's one of the essential parts of the modding process.

On devices where the bootloader is locked custom recovery has to be launched through a bootstrap process. Basically some files are replaced that get processed on boot. Then when the system is being loaded it is forced into custom recovery. The problem with this is the phone needs to be bootable to get into custom recovery.

On a device that has an unlocked boorloader you can replace the stock recovery with the custom one. Then you can boot directly to it even if the phone isn't functional.

·
Supporting Member
107 Posts
"BrianMigs said:
I'm not worried about an unlockable bootloader, I just want that SBF as soon as possible! Hopefully you guys are right in that it will be coming in the next few days or something. Can somebody delve into the topic of Clockwork Recovery Mod a little more? What does it allow a user to do? What does it further unlock?
I talked to @p3droid he wants you to contact him on twitter.

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thecaptain0220 said:
It allows you to make backups of the system, do full wipes, flash roms, etc. It's one of the essential parts of the modding process.

On devices where the bootloader is locked custom recovery has to be launched through a bootstrap process. Basically some files are replaced that get processed on boot. Then when the system is being loaded it is forced into custom recovery. The problem with this is the phone needs to be bootable to get into custom recovery.

On a device that has an unlocked bootloader you can replace the stock recovery with the custom one. Then you can boot directly to it even if the phone isn't functional.
So since my phone is in a bootloop, I can't perform the bootstrap process to properly recover my phone?

What exactly is a SFB file, and how is it made? It's not made with ClockworkModRecovery correct?

·
Somebody hates me but you can't please everyon
113 Posts
BrianMigs said:
So since my phone is in a bootloop, I can't perform the bootstrap process to properly recover my phone?

What exactly is a SFB file, and how is it made? It's not made with ClockworkModRecovery correct?
An sbf is similar to a flashable image file that is written to the phone using motorola rsd and rsd lite software. Not to be Rude but I really wish people would read up on things and understand them before rooting/modding. Good news is you should be fixed by morning or maybe already.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Somebody hates me but you can't please everyon
113 Posts
If you aren' able to access adb via stock recovey, CWR isnt going to be a fix, the best chance would be getting access go a fastboot file similar to the one available for the d3 already

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Not rude at all! I'm happy to admit that it's apparent I haven't done my research. I felt comfortable with a lot of things since it all seemed so easy, especially with things like 1-click root. When you say I should be fixed by morning/maybe all ready, what do you mean specifically? I can't access adb, well at least the command prompt on my computer is telling me it doesn't "recognize that internal or external command" when I type it in. The commands remind me of some basic linux code, which isn't suprising I guess.

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Yes CWM is coming. The bootstrap was finished last night and will be released in a few days (if not today) did you talk ti P3? He was looking for someone with a bricked bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Rocks
965 Posts
BrianMigs said:
An unlocked bootloader? So I'm ****ed?
Sorry about your bad luck with your phone dude.
Please post back how/or when you get it resolved Im sure it will be sooner rather then later .
That info perhaps might be useful for others as well.Good Luck as well

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'll keep researching what's going on in the Bionic development community, but still, if anybody can lend me any tips or point me in the right direction, please do so! I'll be happy to try out whatever methods might raise my Bionic from the dead. Maybe I'll send it to P3Droid and he'll be able to do something with it.

·
Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'll keep researching what's going on in the Bionic development community, but still, if anybody can lend me any tips or point me in the right direction, please do so! I'll be happy to try out whatever methods might raise my Bionic from the dead. Maybe I'll send it to P3Droid and he'll be able to do something with it.

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
"BrianMigs said:
Did you talk to p3 about it? And as of now there is nothing I know of because you can't run ADB

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
216 Posts
And also honestly if you take your device to Verizon they may sbf for you and you will be good to go. I've had them sbf my Droid x like 2 times I think.

Uploaded from my CyanogenMod7 X

21 - 40 of 45 Posts