Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Perry the Platypus
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently there will be some big news from cvpcs. Speculation is that its CM for our beloved DX. So, what does that mean for us? Surely not the same functionality as on a phone with an unlocked bootloader, right?

Stomped from my DX

·
Themer
192 Posts
Ya it would seem like he probably haz a working version of cm running. It would be the base of many roms. And it would have the same advantages of any other device running cm. Most devs use cm as a base for their roms so I would imagine we could see some more devs jump back on the x and build from cm.

·
Perry the Platypus
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Droid-Xer said:
Ya it would seem like he probably haz a working version of cm running. It would be the base of many roms. And it would have the same advantages of any other device running cm. Most devs use cm as a base for their roms so I would imagine we could see some more devs jump back on the x and build from cm.
Great! Thanks for the info. I was wondering what kind of awesomeness this would bring us.

Stomped from my DX

·
Themer
192 Posts
No custom kernel. The kernel is a minor issue. The og Droid runs the same kernel as the Droid x. I believe its a matter of source code which cvpcs has written all of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts