Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps its the dismal display...

Or, the poor battery life...

Or, the bizarre only use a Motorola Charger crap...

Or, the screen lock lag...

Or, maybe its the numerous crashes I have encountered...

Or even it might be the fact that this puppy gets way hot...

But this device sucks.

Sure, "sucks" is a very subjective word but compared to my Thunderbolt with CM7, this device is garbage.

It feels blocky in my hand and at very best... cheap!!

Yeah it's got a dual core processor but the entire device feels slow (again compared to my Thunderbolt).

Benchmarks show its faster but in real world usage it pails in comparison...

I waited and waited for this device to get released... And now I can't wait to return it and wait some more for something actually worth $300.

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the risk of sounding sarcastic as that is definitely not my intent, what is it that you disagree about ?

I will say the battery life is a tad bit better on the Bionic but given the size of the battery and the heat it produces, the extra 30 minutes is hardly a huge gain. The Bionic or any of my previous phones still will not go an entire business day without being hooked to a power source so the few extra minutes does not really equate to much.

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
I wanted you to know, I made an account just to reply to this post!

You're gonna compare your garbage thunderbolt, and yes I call it garbage because the only reason it's worth a hot damn is because it has cm7 on it, to a stock rom bionic? This is just asinine. If you want an accurate comparison, put that thunderbolt stock. I loved my dx with cm7 on it, which is still leaps and bounds better than your half though out thunderbolt.

You want to know why the bionic is an amazing device? how many days did it take to get root? recovery? cm7? I know for a fact you sat on your buggy HTC software for months and months. So get off your horse and lets hear a real comparision when we get cm7 on the bionic. I'm betting you get real quiet after that.

Oh and my device has no issues you mentioned, besides obviously using moto chargers.

·
Average Android
58 Posts
kedriastral said:

You're gonna compare your garbage thunderbolt, and yes I call it garbage because the only reason it's worth a hot damn is because it has cm7 on it, to a stock rom bionic? This is just asinine. If you want an accurate comparison, put that thunderbolt stock. I loved my dx with cm7 on it, which is still leaps and bounds better than your half though out thunderbolt.

You want to know why the bionic is an amazing device? how many days did it take to get root? recovery? cm7? I know for a fact you sat on your buggy HTC software for months and months. So get off your horse and lets hear a real comparision when we get cm7 on the bionic. I'm betting you get real quiet after that.

Oh and my device has no issues you mentioned, besides obviously using moto chargers.
Lol, one word; boosh! Nailed it, how can you compare a stock phone to a Rom'd phone? Of. Course the stock phone has flaws...moto is the best at screwing up a good Os. Go ahead, root and rom your bionic, then compare again.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kedriastral said:

Wow, my high horse ???? I just posted my opionion and observations. Sorry if those don't jive with your opinions.

Are you saying the stock moto rom is good ? LOL

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leach19m said:
Lol, one word; boosh! Nailed it, how can you compare a stock phone to a Rom'd phone? Of. Course the stock phone has flaws...moto is the best at screwing up a good Os. Go ahead, root and rom your bionic, then compare again.

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.
Sorry but "to me" and again these are my observations and last time I checked this was a "forum" the Bionic feels cheap and blocky.

My observations were far more than the ROM itself.

I didnt realize this forum was so close minded.

·
Average Android
58 Posts
It's not being close minded, it's being realistic. Stock blur makes for a terribly laggy phone with tons of hangups, freezes, crashes. You putting cm7 on your thunderbolt likely fixed most of the stock problems, as would it for the bionic. The point is you're comparing a stock phone to a Rom'd phone, which isn't going to be an accurate comparison.

I don't have a bionic, so i can't be a bionic fan boy, im just pointing out the painfully obvious flaw in your comparison.

Edit: its like saying a subaru is garbage because with the stock summer tires it slides all around in the snow while your eclipse with studded snow tires doesn't...clearly the snow tires are going to make a drastic difference

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So should I wait it out ?? The 14 day return policy looms for those of us who purchased on the first day.
Do you believe that a ROM like CM7 has the ability to adjust the screen so it doesnt have the screen effect ? Or make it feel as a dual core should feel ?
Again my aim was NOT to necessarily knock the Bionic but rather point out the various flaws as so many people seem willing to overlook.

·
Average Android
58 Posts
I'm not sure what screen issue you're talking about (i assume) you're refering to the pentile matrix display maybe? If so, no...that's a hardware issue.

As far as performance goes, a rom will make a huge difference. Motorola packs so much crap onto their phones that always run in the background and slow your phone down very bad. Aosp ROM's (including cm7) get rid of all that "bloat"

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
greenleaved said:
Just return it. I doubt anyone cares what phone you use. If you aren't happy with it, get something else.
Wow, you don't get the point of a discussion forum, do you ?

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leach19m said:
I'm not sure what screen issue you're talking about (i assume) you're refering to the pentile matrix display maybe? If so, no...that's a hardware issue.

As far as performance goes, a rom will make a huge difference. Motorola packs so much crap onto their phones that always run in the background and slow your phone down very bad. Aosp ROM's (including cm7) get rid of all that "bloat"

Yes, the effect I am talking about it s the grid like effect but its not necessarily on every screen. The background color seems to effect it the most.

Perhaps you are correct and I had passed judgement without comparing oranges to oranges.

·
Average Android
58 Posts
A lot of folks don't like the pentile matrix display, and that's one of this things you can't change on the phone. I'd look into seeing if they have another phone without that type of display.

·
Android Beginner
4 Posts
In your opinion..... In my opinion, this device is strictly business and will do laps around the tbolt. This hand cannon is only a week 1/2 old and we already have a working recovery and, from what im hearing, has a who's who of devs chomping at the bit to create magic with this powerhouse. So in my opinion, you sir, are incorrect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
mwep. Honestly, I don't have a single problem you have... cept the screen, but that's a matter of opinion. But maybe you have a bum unit.

I can go so far to say that I don't even use or have to use the factory charger. I use my old DX charger at work and a Droid Charge charger at home.

This phone runs cooler than any phone I've ever used. Instant unlock screen, only crashed on me once the entire time I used it, and that was user error.

So it sounds to me you need an exchange. Oh, and battery life, 12hrs under heavy useage. Close to 30 under light.... extended battery. Factory battery is about 2/3s those times.

I'm happy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Addicted Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I respect ya'lls opinions and maybe an exchange is in order here. Perhaps I am dealing with a lemon?

·
Supporting Member
23 Posts
I use several different chargers. I use a blackberry charger with no problems, an ebay special cheap POS with no problems and a Verizon car charger with no problems again.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts