Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
This is the latest version, 3.0.27... Just got it today.....

Instructions:

First, verify that you DO NOT have a vending app in \data\app!!!!! If you do this will not install!!! You will need to uninstall updates before flashing my zip... Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>"ALL" tab>Market>Uninstall Upates

Next, download the file for your phone.. I have verified the first to work for the D1 and the Fascinate. And the Thunderbolt zip has also been verified. The others are blank zips for that particular phone.. if they work for you, PLEASE post so that I can verify that they work....

Once downloaded, move the zip to the root of your SD card and flash in recovery, Enjoy!!!!

Bug?? Some people have found that this will not install on CM7 based ROMs, but it works for others that are running the same ROM so???

And always make a backup first!!!!

http://bit.ly/BlackMarket3027r1 (Verified on D1 & Fascinate)
http://bit.ly/TBBlackMarket3027r1 (Verified on Thunderbolt)
Link removed, zip needs to be fixed.. be back soon.. (DX.. waiting for verification)
http://bit.ly/DINCBlackMarket3027r1 (DINC.. waiting for verification)

Remember, look for Black Market in your app drawer... :wink2:

Attachments

·
Android Master
563 Posts
Didnt work on my tbolt. Installed in recovery, got your success message. Looked in app drawer and nothing
Opened market and its still the old version.

Sent from my thunderbolt using my f***King thumbs

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OP has been updated to hopefully help those having installation issues....

·
Android Master
563 Posts
Tried flashing in recovery and didn't work, unpacked the vending apk from the zip and put it in system/app and replaced the vending apk that was there and it left me with no market whatsoever. Must be my rom, using bamf 3.0 rc3

Sent from my thunderbolt using my f***King thumbs

·
Never Nude Analrapist
375 Posts
Worked great for my D1. I flashed it right over a blacked out and transparent version of the previous market with no issues. It looks great!

·
Android Beginner
98 Posts
Nice job. I used Root Explorer to rename Vending.apk to Vending.apk.bak, booted into recovery and installed your black market zip. Worked perfect on my D1. :android-smile:

·
Android Lover
718 Posts
Didn't work for my on Thunderbolt running OMFGB. I flashed in recovery over the old stock market. Opened up and it's still the old baby poop green market :(

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't really understand what is going on with the TB? You guys do use Clockwork right? Its very weird cause if you ran the zip SOMETHING should have happened???

Check one thing for me... go into your /data/app folder and see if there is a vending.apk in there.....

·
Ninja Flasher
126 Posts
Thunderbolt new market blacked out

Edit: Removed zip as ecsnead updated the apk.

Also if you already have the new market and want the blacked out version, you need to uninstall updates from settings>applications>manage apps>all>market>uninstall updates. Then flash the themed version in recovery.

Credit to ecsnead for the mod and tallica for the compatible zip file.

ecsnead, I changed the name of the zip to differentiate it from your original zip, hopefully you can just add it to the OP. BTW, nice to see ya here, kudoos on the invert, always love your work.

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man, and thanks for the TB zip! I figured it was something like that causing the problems.... Give tallica a big thanks! I will update the OP... also the OP will have an updated version to fix a few text and image issues. Should be up in about an hour...

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP has been updated with a Thunderbolt compatible zip!!! The OP has also been updated with the newest version that fixes some text and image issues.....

·
Android Lover
718 Posts
New TB market didn't work for me on OMFGB. After flashing it removed the market completely from my phone. Very strange. Glad I made a recent backup earlier today

Sent from my Thunderbolt using RootzWiki Forums

·
Blacked Out Themer
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! what ROM are you running on your TB? People are having a lot of issues installing this on OMFGB?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts