Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Original thread posted here, http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4345-BOOT-ANIMATION-WIP-DROID-Prime

Making this new thread so everyone can see this and not just those who frequent the Samsung forum.

If you click RIGHT HERE , you can see the preview.

Enjoy!

File Download:

bootanimation.zip

Sound file:

transdroid.mp3

Mirrors:
bootanimation.zip-- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LUDVK05J

Sound file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=58BS3NM1

Installation instructions?
This is NOT flashable in any RECOVERY. The files provided must be moved to your SD card (unless you already downloaded to your phone) and then moved to the folders mentioned below.

This is going to be tricky, but most phones, this file should be put in /system/media folder, both the bootanimation.zip and the sound file. You may have to put the sound file in /system/media/notifications however.
Its going to be hit or miss.
And for Samsung users, ironically, this probably won't even work because Samsung uses a proprietary image format for their boot animations so this probably won't even work unless you're running a custom/AOSP ROM

Mandatory claims, usage rights, etc..blah blah.
Pretty straight forward.
This boot animation is 100% original work. It is not "owned" by me or copyrighted, or trademarked.
But it is my creation. I did spend a lot of time working on it and may spend more time on it to make it even better for you. I provide this work to you free of charge with no expectations of financial gain.
This file is the Android community's property. Treat it with respect...
I give you, the end user, full permission to tweak, use, dismantle, edit...whatever you want to do with it.
All I ask in return, is that if you post this file or conceptual deriviatives on another website/forum, please link back to this thread and show proper credit. :)

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir! Praise from my mentor is always warming :)

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mr.droidx said:
Wow awesome so sick! So this. Can't just be flashed in cwr?
No, this is not a flashable file. It must be copied to the SD card, then moved to /system/media with a root file browser (i.e.Root Explorer) of your choice.
Set permissions to look like this (where X is checked)
X-X-O
X-O-O
X-O-O

Reboot, and it should be there.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
What do you do with the original bootanimation.zip. root explorer wont let me move it because its read only. Do I also have to rename this new one to have the same as original? Thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
Got the animation changed but yeah, no audio. Any help with that would be appreciated. Permission issue perhaps?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
Awesome work!! Thank you so much for this!

Just a note about the startup sound. On Sammy phones, the sound file needs to be renamed to "PowerOn.mp3" and placed in the /system/etc directory.

Now I just gotta get back on a ROM with a kernel that supports custom ani's!

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Folks, I'll have a flashable file ready tonight after I get home from work. Was working on one last night, but we lost power and my UPS failed...grr....
So I will be starting from scratch again. It will look pretty ;)

Reactions: muscal

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
BootAnimator,

Sounds great. Can't wait. If i were to manually do it do you happen to know what to do with the sound file? Rename it? Change it to OGG format? Location? Thanks. I just kinda wanted to do it the manual way to see if i could.

BootAnimator said:
Folks, I'll have a flashable file ready tonight after I get home from work. Was working on one last night, but we lost power and my UPS failed...grr....
So I will be starting from scratch again. It will look pretty ;)

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
muscal said:
BootAnimator,

Sounds great. Can't wait. If i were to manually do it do you happen to know what to do with the sound file? Rename it? Change it to OGG format? Location? Thanks. I just kinda wanted to do it the manual way to see if i could.
Its really hit or miss. I honestly don't know what is controlling what allows the boot animation to actually....happen. Some manufacturers have things set up totally different now than the way I remember from waaay back in the OG Droid days. I don't know if it's a kernel thing or simply a file somewhere in /system that lets things happen.
I can only suggest that trying to put the sound file into /media/notifications might help. If you change the format, you'll also have to edit the desc.txt file inside the bootanimation.zip file to match the file extension, as that is calling the file by name.

·
CCNA. Net+ Professional/Cell Phone Old Hat
40 Posts
Installation instructions for a D2G: (this should work for most Motorola phones however)
1. Copy the files to your SD card... remembering where you put them.
2. Using a file manager (TotalCommander is my personal favorite), copy and paste the bootanimation.zip file to /data/local (the reason you put it here is so you can delete it without screwing with the default boot animation. The OS will look here for the boot animation first)
(ROOT REQUIRED FOR ADDING SOUND FILE)
3. Open terminal emulator and type the following command: "busybox mount -o rw,remount /system"
4. Using a root capable file manager, copy and paste transdroid.mp3 to /system/media/audio/notifications
5. Open terminal emulator and type the following command: "busybox mount -o ro,remount /system"
6. Reboot and enjoy.

·
Android Lover
1,369 Posts
ill wait for the flasheable w/ sound thanks for the great work

·
Android Lover
203 Posts
Carl,

You said you have a 'Bolt, right? What ROM are you running? I'm running CM7, and placing the zip in /system/media works fine, but I can't get the sound to work. Tried putting it in both /system/media and in /system/media/audio/notifications neither worked.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
This is what i have done so far:

NOTE: I'm running CM7 Nightly on Droid Incredible

I've put the Bootanimation.zip file in /system/media/. - This gives me the proper animation (although a bit choppy)
I've put the transoid.mp3 file in both /system/media/ and /system/media/audio/notifications - still have animation but still don't get sound

So after trying that i was told to put the both files in /data/local/ "because the boot sequence looks their first" - still don't get sound
NOTE: i left the bootanimation.zip in both locations because even if it did look in the /data/local/ first it wouldn't affect anything.

Let me know if this narrows it down enough for someone to aid in assistance.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts