Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Hello everyone.
Some of you may remember me as carlz28 from the various DROID forums on the internet. I started off making some wicked boot animations for our Android phones over a year ago. Then I got into theming and the boot animations kind of got put on hold. I made one here and there, but never really got back on track to making something worthwhile to release publicly.
So the other day, I saw on Droid-life.com that somebody made a Nexus Prime (unofficial) logo for the new phone coming out. I figured that would be something neat to turn into an animation. I contacted the original artist on deviantart.com, but haven't heard anything back yet. I took his logo and kind of remade it to look a bit crisper and add some visual effects to it. As you can see in the picture below:

If you click RIGHT HERE , you can see the preview.

Enjoy!

File Download:

bootanimation.zip

Sound file:

transdroid.mp3

Installation instructions?
This is going to be tricky, but most phones, this file should be put in /system/media folder, both the bootanimation.zip and the sound file. You may have to put the sound file in /system/media/notifications however.
Its going to be hit or miss.
And for Samsung users, ironically, this probably won't even work because Samsung uses a proprietary image format for their boot animations so this probably won't even work unless you're running a custom/AOSP ROM

·
Banned
1,227 Posts
Right on... what's ur reason for doing this? To eventually put on the ns4g? If you're meaning to place on multiple devices, I'm sure u know about screen Res, blah blah blehw...

:) keep up the good work!

·
Android Ninja
337 Posts
That's pretty sweet! I like it how it is...
The only addition I would want is maybe have the head swivel back and forth (sort of r2d2-ish, if that makes sense...)
Overall, awesome job!

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
wow this is literally the sickest boot animation i have ever seen! i cannot wait until this is up for grabs to flash! is this going to be able to flash on any phone?

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Glad most of you enjoy it.
The file ins't ready quite yet as I am making some tweaks to the intro/text part of the beginning. I kinda kang'd those from Moto/VZW from the Bionic boot animation. I'll be adding some additional sounds and text effects. Most likely going to be "DROID" in the Transformer font at the beginning.
If the response is good, I may also make device/carrrier/etc specific versions.
Working mandatory OT at the day job, so expect this to be ready early next week (week of 9/5/11)

·
Android Beginner
60 Posts
This is great! Even if it never makes it to a phone, I love it! :grin3:

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
is this only going to be able to be flashed on the prime when it comes out or other samsung and motorola phone? i have the dx and would love this boot animation on my phone!!

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The animation design is complete folks. Going to work on compiling the images tomorrow (Monday 9/5)

I made a few revisions to the intro part as i mentioned earlier.
Here is a quick preview of the final version. http://carlz28.com/synered/NexusPrime.html

Ill update the OP when I get to a computer.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts