Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Dont fret. I'll be going back to a clean style of the first version. The image filesize with the background was just too big to make it practical. :)

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Should have a beta version to test out tonight/early morning (Wednesday)
Im only going to release one version initially. Meaning one set of screen resolution. Most likely 800 * 480 as i have that on my Thunderbolt. The sound file will be given separately because I cant possibly know how everyones phone will handle sound upon bootup. Some phones use the desc.txt file to utilize sound, others use an xml file to start sounds. Additionally, I will try my best to help others figure out how to load sound on boot if you are unsuccessful.

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Final revisions made. Some blue added. The original full red version will be made available exclusively on a theme (including that cubed style background) shortly. For now, check the OP for the d/l instructions.

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mods, feel free to close this thread as I have posted the new version into the theme/boot animation section with current info. Thanks :)

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
Can't find the new post you mentioned.

Tried it and it just loops /DROID/010.png to about 20.png. (So just the Droid logo and the flashing across it repeating). I'll keep playing with it and see what comes up.

Droid X2

Edit: I copied it over again and it works great now. Something must have gone wrong with it the first time. Looks great!

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
raven1245 said:
Can't find the new post you mentioned.

Tried it and it just loops /DROID/010.png to about 20.png. (So just the Droid logo and the flashing across it repeating). I'll keep playing with it and see what comes up.

Droid X2

Edit: I copied it over again and it works great now. Something must have gone wrong with it the first time. Looks great!
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?4696-BOOT-ANIMATION-DROID-Prime

I'm running it on my HTC Thunderbolt and its working flawlessly.
I even just downloaded the file onto my phone from the server directly, copied it to /system/media, changed permissions and it works.

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
raven1245 said:
Good deal! :)Thank you for trying it out!

·
Average Android
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Sorry guys. Forgot to pay my bill for my server. Should be back up tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Android Apprentice
25 Posts
BootAnimator said:
Should have a beta version to test out tonight/early morning (Wednesday)
Im only going to release one version initially. Meaning one set of screen resolution. Most likely 800 * 480 as i have that on my Thunderbolt. The sound file will be given separately because I cant possibly know how everyones phone will handle sound upon bootup. Some phones use the desc.txt file to utilize sound, others use an xml file to start sounds. Additionally, I will try my best to help others figure out how to load sound on boot if you are unsuccessful.
BootAnimator,

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get sound working in CM7. Any ideas?

·
Average Android
74 Posts
BootAnimator said:
Installation instructions:

This is going to be tricky, but most phones, this file should be put in /system/media folder, both the bootanimation.zip and the sound file. You may have to put the sound file in /system/media/notifications however.
What is highlighted above is what worked for me on a Droid X .602

21 - 40 of 49 Posts