Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
Jae,
Looks like you've been seriously busy with the boot animations. The ones I checked out look awesome. Great job!

Reactions: JaeKar99

·
Herky Jerky
207 Posts
Awedel, It booted man good stuff. I would say you should have it repeat the animation instead of freeze at the last frame. Also upon reboot some screwy shit happened like a bunch of google FC's, I doubt that this had anything to do with it but strange coincidence. Great work though for starting off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Awedel, It booted man good stuff. I would say you should have it repeat the animation instead of freeze at the last frame. Also upon reboot some screwy shit happened like a bunch of google FC's, I doubt that this had anything to do with it but strange coincidence. Great work though for starting off.
It should repeat. However most of your thanks should be directed towards JaeKarr. He's the conductor on this train. I'm just learning from him. But thanks anyway. Jae, any idea why it wouldn't loop? It does on my phone. In fact I timed it to run two full times on my phone before it boots.

·
Boot Builder
634 Posts
It should repeat. However most of your thanks should be directed towards JaeKarr. He's the conductor on this train. I'm just learning from him. But thanks anyway. Jae, any idea why it wouldn't loop? It does on my phone. In fact I timed it to run two full times on my phone before it boots.
I am thinking it has to do with the ROM boot interaction I am chasing a solution now.

Update: I pulled 6.1 apart and could not see where there was any complication with the bootanimation.zip.. I am wondering if it is something specific to the Mods on bigjobber69's phone.. Next I will put ICS (6.1) on my phone and give it a test run this weekend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am using a samsung i500 with leankernel, stock rom. Anyway there is no zip file in data/local or system/media at all there .qmg files bootsamsung.qmg bootsamsungloop.qmg as well as others. The thing is I placed a custom bootanimation.zip in system/media and the startup was different but it was a teal colored android logo. I deleted it and the samsung was back. I'm at a loss all boot animation are android logos nothing custom about that in fact its less appealing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am using a samsung i500 with leankernel, stock rom. Anyway there is no zip file in data/local or system/media at all there .qmg files bootsamsung.qmg bootsamsungloop.qmg as well as others. The thing is I placed a custom bootanimation.zip in system/media and the startup was different but it was a teal colored android logo. I deleted it and the samsung was back. I'm at a loss all boot animation are android logos nothing custom about that in fact its less appealing. Any help would be appreciated.
Depending on the version of LeanKernel you are using, you might try naming it sanim.zip. The qmg files should be there, and can stay.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am thinking it has to do with the ROM boot interaction I am chasing a solution now.

Update: I pulled 6.1 apart and could not see where there was any complication with the bootanimation.zip.. I am wondering if it is something specific to the Mods on bigjobber69's phone.. Next I will put ICS (6.1) on my phone and give it a test run this weekend.
I have looked at this particular boot now that I am on THS 6.5. All the other boots that I made (at least the ones I tried which was about half of them) loop. This is the only one that does not. I thought that it might be something to do with the way the image files were named (started with #5). So I renamed them and tried it with no success. I am still looking for the solution.

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
I'm having problems getting a second part of a boot animation to play? I can loop the part0, or play through it once, but it seems to ignore part1 entirely?

Do the file names matter at all say:

Part0

Part1

--- Or ---

Part0

Part1

Does it matter what kind of line endings the desc.txt uses?

·
Boot Builder
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
OhioYJ,

There could be a couple of causes for the last folder to play. The first issue could be the last line in the desc.txt file has to be left blank.

As far as the sequence of numbered image files. I have not found that there has to be continuity from part0 to part1 or part2. I usually opt to keep it continuous just to keep count of the number of image files.

There is also a known issue with ICS on some phones (fascinate specifically) - you cannot get the last folder to loop if the bootanimation.zip file is greater than 4 megs.. it has been called a "false front".. I have also seen this with ICS on tablets.

You may also have issues with images that are contiguous (not all of the same aspect ratio) in the last folder if they were not cropped symmetrically then the images could lock up or black out.

Not sure what you mean by 'endings'..

·
Android Apprentice
61 Posts
I dont have an empty line at the end of the desc.txt, so that could be it. My total file size is only 1 MB so I should be good there.​

Linux and Windows use different line endings (not visible to the user, just used to indicate a new line to the text editor), it can cause all sorts of formating issues when trying to edit files from Windows in Linux. Wasnt sure if that mattered.​

Will try your suggestions and report back. Thanks for your help!​

81 - 100 of 113 Posts