Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get Boot Manager up and running so I can switch around between different roms to decide on what i want as my daily and so far I havent been able to get it to work. I used it on my D1 with no problem but right now I have been trying to load up AOKP 22 and that always works but then when I flash gapps they never show up. Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i tried both before I booted and after and neither worked.

·
Android Enthusiast
111 Posts
If a slot stops working properly try going into your file manager of choice and find the boot manager directory.open it and then the folder for the bad slot. Delete everything in the folder. Launch boot manager and run setup again just make sure you are booted to your main rom first. Now try installing the rom and gapps.

You can also try making a nandroid of the rom and restore it to the slot.

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
Are you trying to get gapps on a sd slot rom? If so, you need to be in the phone rom and flash it to that slot like you were flashing a rom. Right over the top of the rom you have in there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
24 Posts
I've been trying to get Boot Manager up and running so I can switch around between different roms to decide on what i want as my daily and so far I havent been able to get it to work. I used it on my D1 with no problem but right now I have been trying to load up AOKP 22 and that always works but then when I flash gapps they never show up. Anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Where you able to solve the gapps thru boot manager? I am having the same problem. The only gapps i was able to install through boot manager are the [Gapps][XHDPI][HDPI][4.0.4] Kejar31 Gapps 02/06/12. The only weird thing is that when I flashed this I got double gallery, camera and browser. Thanks in advance.

·
Android Apprentice
128 Posts
I had to use kejars gapps to, and if you just disable the duplicates there's no problems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Android Fanatic
1,821 Posts
I had the same problem with CM9 in boot manager. Tried about 5 different Gapps zips and none would "take" except Kejars. Don't know why and I didn't get the chance to ask the devs about it yet.

·
Nexus'd Out
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke with someone who had talked to the devs and he said the problem was with devs custom signing their gapps packages so that they end up in compatible. One thing you can do which takes a little longer is use cwmr to install from, gapps, kernel, etc and then make a nandroid and install that with boot manager. Its not as convenient and takes longer but it still let's you switch between roms

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.