Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am on one of my rom slots from the sd card can i still install a .zip through clockwork recovery to do something like change the battery image for example

·
Android Enthusiast
30 Posts
No, to install something like that to a rom slot you have to go to Install Zips in Bootmanager, choose the , then choose the slot. When you're installing an update you don't wipe anything unless it tells you to.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried booting the rom i had in slot 1 first and it wont boot. I have tried it numerous times. Any thoughts?

·
Average Android
89 Posts
Jaxidian said:
It doesn't work with ROM Manager, neither does Gingeritis.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Those and the new leaks. Is there something in the code that's screwing everything up?

·
Android Enthusiast
30 Posts
nyfg56 said:
I'm talking about boot manager not ROM manager

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I'm sure that's what he meant. He's correct in that there are some roms that don't wok with Bootmanager. I don't know the exact technical reason but it has something to do with newer scripts that don't play well with Bootmanager.

·
Android Enthusiast
30 Posts
Well if that's all you wanted it for, maybe. The developer has been really good about answering questions in the past. You could email them and ask if there are plans to add compatibility for the new scripts in the future. He also may give a refund if your aren't satisfied.

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
I wouldn't consider it a waste. For one, the app does work with most ROMs I've tried. There are exceptions though. Some scripts simply just do not work with the app currently. Also, the devs are very fast at responding to support emails. I've bugged the hell out of them for a while now about various bugs I've ran into and they've always had a solution for me. Lastly, there is a new update coming out which I've been given that will allow you to install a Nandroid backup to a ROM slot. Yes, it will take a long time to do it this way, but it will temporarily fix all these ROM install script problems. You'll have to request this from the devs to get it if you want to try it out as it's not released yet.

·
Supporting Member
55 Posts
nyfg56 said:
ok thanks. guess it was a waste of 3 bucks
It is only Sense Roms that have problems. I have never encountered a AOSP rom that wouldn't work. And, as mentioned, there are some Sense one's that do work, such as Th3ory's Monolith.

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
Another update: I've been emailing the support mentioning the problems with installing the Sense ROMs and a dev got back to me saying this:

[...]
Now to the important part when we started incorporating some newer
devices such as the evo3d and the sensation, inc2...etc...we were having
an issue where sense rom's would not boot similar to your problem. We
found the issue was something to do with the 4g stuff that's in the
init.rc's in the boot.img. We were able to fix the issue and those
phones use some different scripts when editing the boot.img. Not sure
why I hadn't thought of this before but either way I went ahead and
switched the TB to the other scripts as I think this will help you with
this issue. So if you can download from here
and install the leaked
rom again I think it might work now.
[...]

A HUGE change that many of you are going to like is that during installs it'll add a notification icon and show status there instead now. No more canceled installations when you switch apps or get a phone call! :)

I also want to say that I have tested this fixed version and YES, it WORKS! I used JDK's debloated 2.10.605.1 ROM and I'm currently looking at a lockscreen! The dev has also said that if you are interested in this version, just email them.

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome news! I really want this to work to be able to switch between uber bamf and cm7. Now im on uber bamf becasue it is more stable than cm7 for now. Any intented release on this update?

·
Android Apprentice
62 Posts
nyfg56 said:
Awesome news! I really want this to work to be able to switch between uber bamf and cm7. Now im on uber bamf becasue it is more stable than cm7 for now. Any intented release on this update?
Just simply email the support explaining what you are wanting and they'll happily give you the update. Please do not re-link the file though here as this is a pre-release version that isn't intended for the general public.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts