Android OS Forum banner

Boot Manager

4K views 39 replies 9 participants last post by  Pupalei 
#1 ·
If I am on one of my rom slots from the sd card can i still install a .zip through clockwork recovery to do something like change the battery image for example

#27 ·
I need to post an update because I think I made a mistake last time I tried. I believe I tried using ext4 on accident which does NOT work on uber bamf. Ext2 however is working fine. Sorry about that all. Going to report back to devs now. Also they pushed the update to market guys.

#33 ·
Just wanted to give another update on what's going on with this for those that are hesitant to use it because of no current TWRP support. The devs are currently working in TWRP support and I've been trying to help bug test things for them as they don't actually have TWRP on any of their own devices. So far things are looking promising though not quite bug-free just yet. I would expect this will be done within the next couple days easily. The biggest hangup so far for the devs is that TWRP has so many more options for Nandroids (such as including .android_secure and recovery as well as being able to compress the nandroid) and without being able to have it hands-on and just going by what I'm reporting back with is making things go a bit slower. Will report back if everything is good to go with TWRP.

#36 ·
Exactly. Wifi is never a problem for me unless I do something stupid. I killed off Wifi once because I was running CM7 as my Phone ROM. I ran the Setup Phone ROM process properly and things were great. Fast forward a couple weeks and I had switched to using SHIFTAO5P for a bit. I was testing out getting Uber BAMF working on a ROM slot and it failed to boot, so I rebooted into Recovery to run the update.zip file to get back into my Phone ROM. I had completely forgotten to run the Setup Phone ROM step on SHIFTAO5P so it pushed the boot.img from CM7 onto SHIFTAO5P. While it still booted, I no longer had Wifi support and upon further looking I had the wrong kernel. This wasn't BootManager's fault, but rather my fault for not following the steps of updating the Phone ROM when switching to a new one. I wouldn't be surprised if similar has happened to other people and they are assuming it's a bug in BootManager. BootManager itself cannot screw up your Wifi (or any other radio interface), it has to do with your particular ROM (including RIL), the radio you're running, and your actual Wifi router/access point. Nothing else but human error is a factor here.

#39 ·
I have UberBAMF preview 3 running from the card with the new update. Everything is fine. Some BAMF roms in the past would install but Titanium Backup, for instance, couldn't find Busybox. Life is gravy now.

Also, No WiFi problems for me on CM7 & UberBAMF, or anything I've played with in other slots for that matter...

#40 ·
"strongergravity said:
I have UberBAMF preview 3 running from the card with the new update. Everything is fine. Some BAMF roms in the past would install but Titanium Backup, for instance, couldn't find Busybox. Life is gravy now.

Also, No WiFi problems for me on CM7 & UberBAMF, or anything I've played with in other slots for that matter...
I'm glad to see people using boot manager without wifi issues. I will try again in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.