Android OS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Hi all!

I've created a boot animation from scratch, and I wanted to share it with you all. It's available in 480 x 800 (HDPI) and 720 x 1280 (XHDPI).

Preview (YouTube w/sound below):

Downloads:
Installation:

The .zip files that you download are not to be used directly! Simply extract the 'bootanimation.zip' from the download, and place it in your appropriate folder (often /data/local; /system/media; or ask your ROM dev if you do not know).

I hope you enjoy it!

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry all! I haven't checked this thread in a while, but I have fixed the download links in the OP. Cheers to JaeKar99 for mirroring them in the meantime

Glad you like 'em too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've installed this on my HP Touchpad, however it showcases in landscape orientation. Is there a way that I could switch it to vertical? Because even though it looks awesome, it doesn't seem to fit quite well. For example, the last line where it says 2011 Google inc etc etc, is barely visible. Finally, I downloaded the 480 x 800 (HDPI) version. Thanks in advance.

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, I've installed this on my HP Touchpad, however it showcases in landscape orientation. Is there a way that I could switch it to vertical? Because even though it looks awesome, it doesn't seem to fit quite well. For example, the last line where it says 2011 Google inc etc etc, is barely visible. Finally, I downloaded the 480 x 800 (HDPI) version. Thanks in advance.
Hi gokhan55, I actually have a TF101 (ASUS Transformer) and it behaves the same way for me. It seems that tablets run the bootani in landscape orientation and I obviously built this animation to be in portrait (primarily for phones). About the only way to fix it would be to somehow tell the tablet to play the animation in portrait mode (I have no idea how), or I'd have to recreate the bootanimation in a landscape aspect-ratio (which I really don't have time for at the moment
). Wish I could have helped you out here, but it seems it's just related to the way that tablets play the bootani...

@all, if you're running the Team Broccoli AOKPCB ROM (link in my sig), we've included a nice boot sound that matches the animation quite well (from dubmood^RAZOR1911). Thanks as well to dr_venture for the tip about choosing your own sound.

Glad people are enjoying this animation though!!

·
Genuine Human Bean
98 Posts
Quick minor update to let everyone know that I added the 'boot_audio.mp3' file for those of you which have ROMs that support boot sounds. Also added a YouTube preview too! Check the OP for both...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sick boot animation, this is awesome. Thx alot!

·
Registered
38 Posts
What would i have to do to get to that "system/boot" stuff?? i have es file manager if that helps? sorry noob with changing bootanimation , and fyi im on the AOKP jb build 1

·
Android Beginner
26 Posts
sweet boot animation. i am guessing this is just my phone, but it seems to stutter on the part where the letters are lighting up. it will scroll a few, then stop, then start, then stop, etc. it's really not that big of a deal considering i don't reboot that often, but just putting it out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a galaxy s3 vzw and I am rockingaokp nightly 5-15 and for some reason I now am not getting a boot animation at all. It just says galaxy s3 and then goes black then my home screen. I have changed my boot animation plenty of times before and I cant seem to figure this one out this time. Any help or ideas?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts