Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was attempting to get a new boot animation and accidently deleted the /system/bin file.
So now i have no boot animation and its just black. I was wondering if theres anything i can do, ive tried restoring it but none of the back ups are showing up.
I've got a rooted Droid 2 running 2.3.3. If you need any more info to help me out just let me know! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
The only thing i could suggest is to reformat you device (backing up your apps and settings) and reinstalling. OR if you still have your backups on your SD you could ADB the /system/bin file back onto your phone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i backed up everything to Titanium restored my phone and still no boot animation -.- Can anyone just just upload the file and i could put it in the phone?

·
Member Title
112 Posts
Its in system/media and is called bootanimation.zip on my droid2. You can find bootanimations download them and save them as bootanimation.zip in the media file.

·
Developer
29 Posts
Just get a bootanimation binary file from another custom rom with the same base, also if the boot animation is the wrong size it will show a black screen, try adding the old one back and see if it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand how to change my bootanimtion. I downloaded a new boot animation and i accidently deleted the system/bin/ bootanimation file. Ive tried a reset and i still do not have a boot animation. I need that file

1 - 7 of 7 Posts