Android OS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done so much research looking into finding out if the Triumph has an unlocked bootloader or a locked one. I've even looked into finding out if the cherry magnum or the huawei ideos x6 has one, since they are pretty much the same phone. There are 11 different variations of this phone around the world. It is made by foxconn or foxcomm. Just rebadged with Moto. Please help this community grow. First step is findng out if the bootloader in no encrypted. If it is it is not Motorola's bootloader, which is a good thing. Help please.

·
Android Apprentice
50 Posts
I'm curious to know the answer as well, but hey think about its MOTOROLA! lol. Seriously doubting it is, but it would be nice. I just saw this phone launch for $300 and its prepaid. My current pre-paid phone is the Metro Pcs Huawei Ascend. Definitely jumping ship next week to this since it has a 1ghz processor.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Virgin Mobile does not support a bootloader roflmao! GUess were not going to find out until a dev get's there hands on one. We should get one for a dev and have @rootzwiki find a dev for it.

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Im going to work on it when i can get the phone. Getting it tomorrow i did post possible roots for it. As far as full roms and what not i can not do that for a while But ALL android phones have a boot loader ( how do you think they boot? ) The only ones i know that are unlocked at the LG ones ( can't remember what company did it ))

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cant someone try and figure out if the huawei x6, huawei ascend x or cherry magnum hasn't a locked bootloader. If they don't, then this phone doesn't either. It isn't motorola's bootloader. Like I said in OP, this isn't made by motorola but by fox conn who made the geeksphone one and zero and they're unlocked. @super 61 are you a developer or just an android enthusiast?

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
also going over a few forums i think this thread has a possible idea of how to do it. http://www.android.net/forum/motorola-triumph/62441-motorola-triumph-recovery-bootloader.html

As i read, im getting that people are saying its locked and not, the reason is you can acutally edit files in the system its self and also gain root access via download mode on it. Again right now im not to sure my self. WIth this it seems like Morotola will be releaseing there stock rom soon for open soruce use.

http://sourceforge.net/motorola/discussion/general_comments/thread/f28d8cb7/

we will have to wait and see.

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Alright, reading around forums and what now and seeing as the phone is wide open, id call this COmpletly open bootloader. everything can be r/w when in download mode and so on. So yea... YAY for Moto keeping there word.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the Virgin Mobile variant, the Triumph, has an open bootloader. you can boot into download mode on a PC and just start messing around with everything, even replacing the recovery.

maybe this info is old now, but useful to anyone interested

1 - 14 of 14 Posts