Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
CleanROM Developer
157 Posts
Don't need s-off. The htc dev unlocked bootloader is pretty much just as good IMO. It just takes a couple extra steps when flashing some stuff (you have to flash boot images through fastboot).
+1

S-OFF is just a matter of convenience . HTCDev Unlock will get you what you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great news! What's the best way to backup my phone with TB so that I have to do as little as possible after the unlock? Is backing up user apps enough? Or should I backup user apps and system data? Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
72 Posts
Great news! What's the best way to backup my phone with TB so that I have to do as little as possible after the unlock? Is backing up user apps enough? Or should I backup user apps and system data? Thanks!
I've always just backed up user apps. System ones can cause issues

sent from my newly unlocked Rezound

·
Android Beginner
35 Posts
HTCDev just posted this:

All HTC Android devices launched after September 2011 are unlockable. The website will be updated accordingly to reflect this in the coming weeks. We continue to work on models launched prior to September 2011, please check back often for the statusof older devices.

No mistake! It's on!!

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
congrats guys, hope to be with you soon.

·
Supporting Member
29 Posts
So since it is still s-on, are you able to get RW access with root explorer? And can you do things like flash recovery straight from ROM manager, if it were available? I'm having nothing but problems with my nexus, and am considering trading it in.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.