Android OS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Average Android
392 Posts
Congrats guys!!! Now I'm truly jealous of you all haha. Here's to an awesome new year with new roms on awesome hardware!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Idratherberiding
269 Posts
Since the bootloader is still S-on some partitions are still protected. I don't believe we can flash radios, however, we can flash roms and kernals (with a slight workaround from my understanding).

I just rooted my Rezound using the One-click method and pushed THIS recovery via fastboot (extract and push the recovery.img). Making my first backup right at this very moment.

·
Android Beginner
83 Posts
so excuse my ignorance. does this mean we can flash ASOP roms and better kernals? i got the gnex because of the open nature. im having terrible signal issues.
i would have got the Rezound but i hate "sense". i love htc hardware. if i can get a htc device without their software, ill be in heaven! thx

·
Idratherberiding
269 Posts
so excuse my ignorance. does this mean we can flash ASOP roms and better kernals? i got the gnex because of the open nature. im having terrible signal issues.
i would have got the Rezound but i hate "sense". i love htc hardware. if i can get a htc device without their software, ill be in heaven! thx
Yes...you can flash whatever ROM your heart desires. Keep in mind this unlock is fairly new so development will take some time to get up to speed. If you can't live with the issues you are suffering with you Gnex any longer then go for it, however, if you can hold out to see how Dev goes then do so.

Reactions: afmracer6

·
Registered
29 Posts
AOSP roms on HTC hardware doesn't always work right. However, after owning both I think the gnex's signal issues have been ironed out with the last radio update.

·
Idratherberiding
269 Posts
AOSP roms on HTC hardware doesn't always work right. However, after owning both I think the gnex's signal issues have been ironed out with the last radio update.
I had an Incredible previously and never had any issues with AOSP roms other than bug fixes because they were obviously ports.

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
I believe that vzw has not changed it's stance. I have a friend in corporate sales with vzw and he told me this is all htc. If you use the htc/dev unlocker it records the phones ESN#
and a copy goes to vzw. It says in the instructions if you use the unlocker you void your warranty. VZW does not approve the unlocking. We will just have to wait to see what happens when a bricked phone is returned to vzw.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe that vzw has not changed it's stance. I have a friend in corporate sales with vzw and he told me this is all htc. If you use the htc/dev unlocker it records the phones ESN#
and a copy goes to vzw. It says in the instructions if you use the unlocker you void your warranty. VZW does not approve the unlocking. We will just have to wait to see what happens when a bricked phone is returned to vzw.
Hmm why would HTC risk their partnership with VZW by going over them and offering the unlock? I'd like to think that maybe just maybe VZW finally has some sense.

·
Android Apprentice
51 Posts
With the bootloader unlocked, you can root permanently and also flash roms....... Im trying bamf as we speak!!! Without an unlocked bootloader, you can only get temporary root which is reset at reboot everytime. Good luck!

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.