Android OS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did it. I bricked my RAZR M while installing a ROM using safestrap. Took it to a dealer and they phoned a Verizon rep who says they will overnight me a new phone. My question is: Will they be able to tell that the phone was rooted when they get it back? If so will I be charged? Any info would help. Thanks homies.

·
Smartass in Chief
1,318 Posts
So I did it. I bricked my RAZR M while installing a ROM using safestrap. Took it to a dealer and they phoned a Verizon rep who says they will overnight me a new phone. My question is: Will they be able to tell that the phone was rooted when they get it back? If so will I be charged? Any info would help. Thanks homies.
If you bricked your phone while flashing a ROM, you should have done the right thing and bought a new phone. We all assume a certain amount of risk when we root and mod our phones. That risk is, you break it, you pay for it. Instead you are asking Verizon to pay for your mistake. This is a big reason Verizon likes to lock bootloaders, and why phones and phone insurance rates are where they are. Verizon is not going to eat the cost of people like you breaking their phones, they pass the cost on to the rest of us. Thanks.

Reactions: Casen and JRJ442
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.