Android OS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt their is anything that can be done but I figured it would not hurt to try. My xoom screen doesn't display anymore it react to touch but when I plug in hdmi the screen shows so that gives me hope. Anyways I've tried sending it to moto and they said it had liquid damage my warranty doesn't cover it. Well I understand that but they really didn't offer any kind of solution like try this place or here you can buy another one at a discounted since you spent 600 dollars on this product. Not sure how it got liquid damage in the first place (i suspect my kids) but it sucks that they leave you high and dry like that without with no help in pointing in the right direction. So thats why I'm here, to see if any if you may have any ideas to help me out. Probably not getting anything from moto ever again though

·
Average Android
74 Posts
Well you are correct to assume that you are not going to get anything out of Moto. Is this a wifi device only....if not are you caring the insurance. If the answers are yes and no then eBay may be your best bet...wifi versions going for around 450. If it is a 3G device and you are caring the insurance they should cover water damage. I know mine does anyway. The fact that it still boots and runs is hopeful,.... Normally water damage is much more severe. Possibly able to replace the damaged part. One would think that it would not be impossible.

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the 3g version and I debated getting insurance (go figure right?) and didn't get it. I was hoping moto would tell what I needed to replace but yeah, no go there. Thanks for the help though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts