Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having the strangest problem, my browser is not cooperating with 4G. Especially with Google, the progress bar just sits there nearly indefinitely. It can load full sites, such as Top Gear, but it hangs at the end before the bar is full.

I can toggle down to 3G and it works fine. I'm currently running the OTA MR2 radio. This started, however, some time after I flash Chingy's latest leak. I've flash back and forth a couple of times, re-flashed my ROM, cleared cache and dalvik, clear Internet application data. Nothing works other than toggling down to 3G.

That being said, it's not a connection issue. I can tether and it runs great, speed tests ran from the phone have good results. I'm baffled.

Any suggestion? Any one ran into something like this?

Thanks. :D

·
Average Android
80 Posts
setexascustoms said:
I'm having the strangest problem, my browser is not cooperating with 4G. Especially with Google, the progress bar just sits there nearly indefinitely. It can load full sites, such as Top Gear, but it hangs at the end before the bar is full.

I can toggle down to 3G and it works fine. I'm currently running the OTA MR2 radio. This started, however, some time after I flash Chingy's latest leak. I've flash back and forth a couple of times, re-flashed my ROM, cleared cache and dalvik, clear Internet application data. Nothing works other than toggling down to 3G.

That being said, it's not a connection issue. I can tether and it runs great, speed tests ran from the phone have good results. I'm baffled.

Any suggestion? Any one ran into something like this?

Thanks. :D
Yep, been having this same issue all day. No Google love on LTE but it pulls right up on 3G. I also cant get Fark to open either. All other data using apps work fine on 4G, not sure what's going on. I have tried on Dolphin Browser and the stock one, same story on both. Where do you live? I'm in Fort Worth and I was talking to someone is Dallas having the same issue.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Webster, a little South of Houston. Oddly enough it just started working, out of no where. I backed up my app with Titanium, and thought I'd check one more time before trying something else and it's working. Let me know how your story progresses.

·
Average Android
80 Posts
setexascustoms said:
I'm in Webster, a little South of Houston. Oddly enough it just started working, out of no where. I backed up my app with Titanium, and thought I'd check one more time before trying something else and it's working. Let me know how your story progresses.
It worked briefly for me as well earlier then borked again. A little odd that we're all in Texas...

·
Average Android
80 Posts
setexascustoms said:
I lied, it was a chached page that was loading.
Weird, I've cleared data and cache on Dolphin and stock browser and still nothing unless I switch to 3G

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I should have been clearer. A cached page was loading, making me think it worked. No dice, and cleared cached and nothing. It must have cached the page while I was on 3G. Is there anyone else having this problem?

·
Old Fart
108 Posts
Mine is still not working either, its got to be something regional with us all being in texas, I just can't figure out what is wrong..........

·
Average Android
80 Posts
setexascustoms said:
Sorry, I should have been clearer. A cached page was loading, making me think it worked. No dice, and cleared cached and nothing. It must have cached the page while I was on 3G. Is there anyone else having this problem?
Lol, I see... I talked to a guy an XDA that was having this issue as well, also he was in Texas. I've been tweeting with vzw support, but as always, they are not much help...

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
112 Posts
I don't think its a location thing, I think they still have issues with 4g in how stuff is rendered.
I have always had this issue of it takes forever to load a page when on 4G but when switched to 3g it loads right up, I have no idea how they are going to fix it or if they even do....

·
Old Fart
108 Posts
My 4g had been working great all around until yesterday, what's bizarre is data is working fine for all my apps, even speedtest. Its only affecting the browser. Quite annoying.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bridaddy69 said:
My 4g had been working great all around until yesterday, what's bizarre is data is working fine for all my apps, even speedtest. Its only affecting the browser. Quite annoying.
Exactly my problem, funny thing is I get up this morning and it works fine. I don't have 4G at work, so when I get back home this evening I'll check back in, but up until I left for work everything was back to normal. Anyone else?

·
Android Lover
405 Posts
This has been an issue floating around. It happened last month in Southern California and it seems like it's hitting Texas now (in another forum, there are a couple of users in Dallas Forth-Worth area that are having the issue). Data seems to work fine but the browser hangs and can't load web pages. I believe it has to do with Verizon's network. When this happened to me last month, the problem just went away after a couple of days.

Edit: It's in the CM7 forum pages 77-78.

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
skinien said:
This has been an issue floating around. It happened last month in Southern California and it seems like it's hitting Texas now (in another forum, there are a couple of users in Dallas Forth-Worth area that are having the issue). Data seems to work fine but the browser hangs and can't load web pages. I believe it has to do with Verizon's network. When this happened to me last month, the problem just went away after a couple of days.

Edit: It's in the CM7 forum pages 77-78.
Thanks for the info, mine was back up and running this morning. Like I said, I'll check again this evening when I'm back in LTE coverage. I'm just glad to know it's not a problem with my particular phone. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts