Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Android Enthusiast
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing how that thread is blowing up and making it very difficult to navigate I figured it would be a good idea to let the devs have some space and have a differengt place to see what works and what doesn't. So post your problems and what build you're on.

·
Android Enthusiast
276 Posts
Ok well ill start
1. Torch not working.
2. Themes not sticking after reboot. Seems like some people it works and others not.
3. Not sure if this is a bug but none of my apps that I dowloaded in the market came back after installing.
4. The on screen keyboard is small.(but I installed swype with no problems)
5. Holding menu key will not bring up keyboard.
I came from Liberty .8, flashed TBHs monster SBF zip, then installed CM7. On jbird_build_7_m1_test4.zip.

·
Developer
1,605 Posts
make sure y'all grab build11 from http://www.mediafire.com/?19oq9aam9cprw#0,1
even though it appears TI backup is working again, before you report bugs, wipe everything and try without TI backup... if the bug is still there then please report it

·
Average Android
151 Posts
For some reason I've been unable to get wifi working since the test build 3. I can connect to a network and i can ping the phone through my router but nothing through the phone itself

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
LexiconDevil said:
For some reason I've been unable to get wifi working since the test build 3. I can connect to a network and i can ping the phone through my router but nothing through the phone itself
can you logcat the wifi failing to connect I can't reproduce this

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts

·
Average Android
151 Posts
here's what the logcat said:
InputManagerService( 1657): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$ [email protected]
ActivityManager( 1657): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW cat=[android.intent.category.BROWSABLE] dat=http://www.google.com/m/search?q=help&mshr=45&msbs=&mscq=&mscm=&popt=1&pbx =1&aq=&oq=help&aqi=&fkt=243021&fsdt=268161&cqt=111 647&rst=110073&htf=&his=&maction=&source=android-home&client=ms-android-verizon&csll=&action=&ltoken=a1b47a94 cmp=com.android.browser/.BrowserActivity } from pid 3990
dalvikvm( 2202): GC_EXPLICIT freed 168K, 50% free 2804K/5511K, external 0K/0K, paused 65ms
QSB.CursorBackedSuggestionCursor( 2202): LEAK! Finalized without being closed: Source{name=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbo x/.google.GoogleSearch}[help]
QSB.CursorBackedSuggestionCursor( 2202): LEAK! Finalized without being closed: Source{name=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbo x/.google.GoogleSearch}[he]
vending ( 2667): [25] AccountManagerHelper.getAuthTokenBlocking(): no matching accounts for ANDROID

thanks for the prompt response

edit: or did you want the whole thing as opposed to just when i was trying to internet
double edit: here's a paste bin of the much longer logcat, from enabling wifi to trying to do a google search: http://pastebin.com/hvJaNR8u

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
Wireless - turning on brings up tethering or hotspot active
Camera - setting volume to zoom only does 1x to 4x (shouldn't this be incremental? I think it was for on an earlier build but not a big issue just something I tried in previous build test3)

Edit: on build 11

·
Android Enthusiast
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Themes stick on build 11 now, confirmed hitting wifi on power widget does start some kind of tethering but when you enter app it says there is no tethering happening, keyboard still kind of small, off to go check its other settings stick.
Btw this build seems wwwaaaayyy quicker for some reason.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Booting up...so exciting.

Gonna skip adding my email address or restoring anything and run a few tests. I suggest others try the same approach if at all possible, to help isolate issues. If things work before adding apps but not after, that info is important.

- Wifi - works
- aGPS - works
- GPS - Works
- Phone - works
- USB - works, but still have to connect, disconnect, and connect again
- Camera - works
- Camcorder - FCs. However, you can now start recording, at which point the screen freezes and the timer starts counting. When you hit stop, the timer stops and nothing happens until you switch it back to Camera mode at which point it FCs.
- Retaining Theme/Settings after reboot - works. Applied Cyanbread theme and changed several Cyanogenmod settings - all were retained after reboot.
- Torch - FCs, leaves icon in status bar and notification saying torch is on.
- Autobrightness - can't test yet, at work in full light...will look at this later. I don't see a change if I simply cover the top of the phone where the light sensor is w/my finger.

New:

- a blue "Tethering or Hotspot active" icon appeared in status bar, upper, left after enabling wifi. Message in Status Bar pull down says "Touch to configure". Selecting it takes me to the Tethering and Portable Hotspot screen with PortableWi-Fi hotspot option (deselected) and Portable Wifi Hotspot settings option. Touching Portable Wifi Hotspot Settings takes to submenu with: Portable WiFi Hotspot option (deselected) and "Configure wifi hotspot" option (the structure of these menus is just like the wifi menu). Select configure to add an SSID, select security, and add a password. Select "Portable wifi hotspot" to enable the hotspot and get an error ("Error" appears below the portable wifi hotspot selection), and wifi is turned off. Don't have any apps installed so can't get a logcat.

After reboot, with wifi already enabled from before reboot, the blue hotspot icon is gone. Disabling and then re-enabling wifi again brings the blue hotspot icon back to the status bar.

·
Android Enthusiast
276 Posts
@redflea that is a good point to skip syncing google because I have noticed some of my cm customizations have come back after wiping everything 3 times. Definitely let us know how that works out.
BTW wifi seems a lot more stable on build 11
Another edit I have also noticed that the cool screen spin feature is gone. Not a bug just missed haha

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
droidmakespwn said:
@redflea that is a good point to skip syncing google because I have noticed some of my cm customizations have come back after wiping everything 3 times. Definitely let us know how that works out.
Another edit I have also noticed that the cool screen spin feature is gone. Not a bug just missed haha
What screen spin feature are you referring to?

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
This one is a biggie - I can't get voice entry on Swype to work. It does work from the standard keyboard, and voice input from Swype did work on the previous CM builds I ran.

Can anyone else verify this one? Thanks.

·
Android Apprentice
154 Posts
droidmakespwn said:
think he means the transition between screen orientations that iphone/blur phones have

·
Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Redflea said:
- a blue "Tethering or Hotspot active" icon appeared in status bar, upper, left after enabling wifi. Message in Status Bar pull down says "Touch to configure". Selecting it takes me to the Tethering and Portable Hotspot screen with PortableWi-Fi hotspot option (deselected) and Portable Wifi Hotspot settings option. Touching Portable Wifi Hotspot Settings takes to submenu with: Portable WiFi Hotspot option (deselected) and "Configure wifi hotspot" option (the structure of these menus is just like the wifi menu). Select configure to add an SSID, select security, and add a password. Select "Portable wifi hotspot" to enable the hotspot and get an error ("Error" appears below the portable wifi hotspot selection), and wifi is turned off. Don't have any apps installed so can't get a logcat.

After reboot, with wifi already enabled from before reboot, the blue hotspot icon is gone. Disabling and then re-enabling wifi again brings the blue hotspot icon back to the status bar.
I'm noticing the same thing. Enabling or disabling wifi from the notification-power-toggle-thingie (from the pulldown) doesn't toggle wifi properly, but rather, turns on wifi sharing.

I'm also having some sync issues from my Gmail account (deleted an email from my phone, it goes away, but it is still on the webpage 30mins later). No way to tell for sure that it is related to the build, but I figured I'd point it out in case anyone else has this happen.

·
Android Addict
293 Posts
liquidsteel30 said:
I'm noticing the same thing. Enabling or disabling wifi from the notification-power-toggle-thingie (from the pulldown) doesn't toggle wifi properly, but rather, turns on wifi sharing.

I'm also having some sync issues from my Gmail account (deleted an email from my phone, it goes away, but it is still on the webpage 30mins later). No way to tell for sure that it is related to the build, but I figured I'd point it out in case anyone else has this happen.
I get the blue icon as well, even when I enable wifi from settings> Wireless and networks > Wifi
Also, still 2 usb icons and no usb debugging icon

1 - 20 of 378 Posts