Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Android Apprentice
22 Posts
Redflea said:
- a blue "Tethering or Hotspot active" icon appeared in status bar, upper, left after enabling wifi. Message in Status Bar pull down says "Touch to configure". Selecting it takes me to the Tethering and Portable Hotspot screen with PortableWi-Fi hotspot option (deselected) and Portable Wifi Hotspot settings option. Touching Portable Wifi Hotspot Settings takes to submenu with: Portable WiFi Hotspot option (deselected) and "Configure wifi hotspot" option (the structure of these menus is just like the wifi menu). Select configure to add an SSID, select security, and add a password. Select "Portable wifi hotspot" to enable the hotspot and get an error ("Error" appears below the portable wifi hotspot selection), and wifi is turned off. Don't have any apps installed so can't get a logcat.

After reboot, with wifi already enabled from before reboot, the blue hotspot icon is gone. Disabling and then re-enabling wifi again brings the blue hotspot icon back to the status bar.
I'm noticing the same thing. Enabling or disabling wifi from the notification-power-toggle-thingie (from the pulldown) doesn't toggle wifi properly, but rather, turns on wifi sharing.

I'm also having some sync issues from my Gmail account (deleted an email from my phone, it goes away, but it is still on the webpage 30mins later). No way to tell for sure that it is related to the build, but I figured I'd point it out in case anyone else has this happen.

· Android Apprentice
22 Posts
sparkyman said:
Launcher pro wonts stick as a home replacement. When I reboot it goes back to adequate and when I press the home button it gives me the option of choose your hone screen. Using home switcher. My bad for that last post.
I have no problem getting LP to stick as default.

Try wiping data/cache and reinstalling the build?

· Android Apprentice
22 Posts
tb110895 said:
Settings such as your home preference dont stick if you restore data from launcherpro. The app doesnt play nice with cm data, Its already been tested and confirmed
I must be doing something strange, then, because I restored app+data from TI, and my preference for LPP sticks, as I already indicated.

edit: I should clarify that I don't backup or restore any system settings with TI, just market/downloaded apps. I think we are saying the same thing, but I just wanted to make sure. Restoring LPP ONLY using TI has no effect on whether or not your choice of a default sticks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.