Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Developer
1,605 Posts
Currently the known bugs are:

in call Bluetooth is broken
FC when switching to Global Mode (GSM) (change does take effect howerver)
alt-lock doesn't work on keyboard (press alt twice to act like alt lock)
stock live wallpapers don't work (market live walls do)

Quirks which aren't exactly "bugs":
Phone won't charge while off
Displays full charge at ~95%
Jumps charge level (ie goes from 14% to 6%) randomly
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)

This is the place to post new bugs

If you aren't running the latest build, flash it and retest before reporting a bug!
Post a logcat with your bug report
Only post bugs that are reproducible
If you have used titanium backup to restore data, or haven't done a data/cache wipe the please don't post bug reports

Nightly builds can be found at www.revnumbers.info/d2g.html

ROM has been submitted for official status :) check http://review.cyanogenmod.com/7140 for details

Rev

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
More bugs so far then
Compass is defunct, stuck pointing North (Bearing 000)
LED notifications don't flash right color/unable to test flash
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)(Fixed for most part)
All I've found so far from skimming the thread...
Here's some more (skimmed)
Random reboots, differentiating places (i.e. after call, locking screen, on the lockscreen, etc)(FIXED)
Status bar may *occasionally* freeze up (it did for me only once)(?)
Opening slider on boot will cause bootloop(only to my own phone so far, you try it)(FIXED)
Opening slider then tapping pwr bootloops hot reboots, double tap has similar result(FIXED)

Slightly slower boot animation (depending)

·
Average Android
74 Posts
Byakushiki said:
More bugs so far then
Battery drain is on/off. (For some battery is fine, others mediocre, and some horrid)
I'm curious where to you even find the compass settings? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them.

·
Android Lover
133 Posts
Anyone else noticing the power widget breaking in the latest build? It normally happens after a restart and requires a wipe of data/cache to fix.

EDIT: This is using the 7-17 build. It seems to be completely independent of loading apps, and more after I configure ADW. I normally just change a few small things like a 5 icon dock, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: It seems as if some things are working, but the widget isn't updating the indicator bar. Torch still turns on, along with wifi. Brightness level will change 1 time, then is stuck after that.

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
jkmish said:
I'm curious where to you even find the compass settings? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find them.
Using a compass app.

When reporting a bug, please state which version you're using. Not everyone is able to keep pace with the nightlies.

·
Android Addict
260 Posts
dead_ohio_sky said:
Anyone else noticing the power widget breaking in the latest build? It normally happens after a restart and requires a wipe of data/cache to fix.

EDIT: This is using the 7-17 build. It seems to be completely independent of loading apps, and more after I configure ADW. I normally just change a few small things like a 5 icon dock, etc. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: It seems as if some things are working, but the widget isn't updating the indicator bar. Torch still turns on, along with wifi. Brightness level will change 1 time, then is stuck after that.
This sounds like its related to the problems people have been having with settings not sticking.

·
Android Addict
352 Posts
Another bug I have noticed is that there are no CM WiFi Hotspot settings...I think this is because these haven't been pulled into the build yet...

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
zaq1 said:
When reporting a bug, please state which version you're using. Not everyone is able to keep pace with the nightlies.
That's not entirely right either. Nightlies are made and bugs are fixed with every build, so you might be reporting old news if you're using an old build. Therefore you should only be reporting bugs on the latest build, or else the thread needs a changelog between each build describing each fix (as to avoid reporting of old bugs).

·
Android Addict
260 Posts
Byakushiki said:
More bugs so far then
What exactly is happening when you say it displays full charge at 95%? I know high end electronics (my laptop is bad about it) have a tendency to stop charging around 95% to 98% as a safety precaution to prevent overcharging the battery.

Rev, would you be so kind as to update your OP with known bugs as they are reported as well as list possible fixes to attempt? It may help keep this thread uncluttered and keep us from having to answer the same question 10 times over the course of a week.

patrickc said:
That's not entirely right either. Nightlies are made and bugs are fixed with every build, so you might be reporting old news if you're using an old build. Therefore you should only be reporting bugs on the latest build, or else the thread needs a changelog between each build describing each fix (as to avoid reporting of old bugs).
This is along the lines of what I meant with my above statement Rev.

·
Developer
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dead_ohio_sky said:
I'm thinking it might possibly be related to theme manager, but I'm testing that out now.
that's what we found with cm4d2... applying certain themes make the LED stuff go wonky

Rev

·
Developer
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
msgreenf said:
Another bug I have noticed is that there are no CM WiFi Hotspot settings...I think this is because these haven't been pulled into the build yet...
won't be pulled in until we figure out how to fix the problems with it ;-)

Rev

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
I am only rooted not bootstraped. If I flash a cm build (w/bootstrap), is it better to flash the original cm 7 first then flash the build? I'm thinking the build has everything I need but I'm just not sure. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
just flash the build, the build is the newest version.
bfederspill said:
I am only rooted not bootstraped. If I flash a cm build (w/bootstrap), is it better to flash the original cm 7 first then flash the build? I'm thinking the build has everything I need but I'm just not sure. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Developer
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dead_ohio_sky said:
Do you remember if that was with the CyanBread theme that comes bundled?
sorry I don't offhand :( I know synergy works great, lol

Rev

·
Somewhere surrounded by server stacks...
130 Posts
Other than compass and camera, blur theme hasn't broken anything *yet*. As much as I want to complain about my craptastic battery icon, I can fix that myself lol

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
patrickc said:
The reason I think it should be specified is because of the camera shake trick. On 7/15 (what I'm running right now because I've been gone all weekend) it causes a black screen. On 7/16 it corrects the camera (even if only temporarily).

RevNumbers said:
won't be pulled in until we figure out how to fix the problems with it ;-)

Rev
What problems? Wifi-Tether works just fine for me. Hell, it was working when normal wifi wasn't!

·
Developer
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
zaq1 said:
What problems? Wifi-Tether works just fine for me. Hell, it was working when normal wifi wasn't!
the CM Wifi tether that's supposed to be built in doesn't work... so we pulled it from the builds

Rev

1 - 20 of 374 Posts