Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 374 Posts

· Developer
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
aceoyame said:
I believe att is working on rev's connection. He's been having problems with it lately.
ATT are a bunch of bumbling fools, lol...

site is back up, but build hasn't finished... i screwed up the code last night so i didn't build O:)
rebuilding as I type though

Rev

· Developer
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

· Average Android
74 Posts
I have a question in regards to the nightly. Do they always include fixes and or new cm code? What are the benefits for loading the nightly every day? If it's to help with the development, that is to test different builds and to report bugs I will continue to install them(that's at least one thing I can do to help. LOL) I sure appreciate the fine work all the devs have done on this rom. And "Good LUCK with submitting for official status!"

· Android Addict
259 Posts
jkmish said:
I have a question in regards to the nightly. Do they always include fixes and or new cm code? What are the benefits for loading the nightly every day? If it's to help with the development, that is to test different builds and to report bugs I will continue to install them(that's at least one thing I can do to help. LOL) I sure appreciate the fine work all the devs have done on this rom. And "Good LUCK with submitting for official status!"
Afaik the nightly builds are complied automatically every night, so if nothing was changed at all that day in the source code then that nightly "should" be identical the one before it. However as long as we are in a development stage then there should be changes to the D2G side of the code every day to try and fix known issues. Any changes that may have been made to the CM base would also be included. My advice would be to continue installing each nightly as they are released as the code should be improving with each build. Keep in mind however that there is always the change that something is implemented as a fix for one issue that breaks something new.

· Android Addict
259 Posts
msgreenf said:
Question for you guys...since we are using the DX 2nd init recovery, how are we goig to get Rom Manager Premium to see nightlies once we are accepted?
Did they get it to see the D2 nightlies? If so then I would say it will probably be done the same way. Otherwise I am still thinking that is something for the CM guys and/or Rom Manager itself.

· Android Addict
350 Posts
Aroth said:
Did they get it to see the D2 nightlies? If so then I would say it will probably be done the same way. Otherwise I am still thinking that is something for the CM guys and/or Rom Manager itself.
My phone sees the DX nightlies...but I thought that was becuase I was using hte D2 bootstrap...but maybe there is something else that it does it based on that will be fixed once we are official!

· Developer
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
jkmish said:
I've been unable to download the latest nightly. I've tried 4 times and it has failed each time. Any ideas?
hmm... have you tried the other mirrors on the multiupload site?

· Android Apprentice
48 Posts
msgreenf said:
Question for you guys...since we are using the DX 2nd init recovery, how are we goig to get Rom Manager Premium to see nightlies once we are accepted?
about this, i'm planning on wiping data/cache and trying out each nightly to try and help the best i can. However when I originally rooted my phone and used Recovery ROM to download clockworkmod i think i used D2. Should I go back and select the DX 2nd-init for any reason or just keep trucking along with whatever I currently have? I have no problem using the power button->reboot->recovery method to get into recovery

· Android Apprentice
58 Posts
So I have been running all of the CM7roms with the same bugs, wifi, camera, battery. Loving the rom. Today I put the nightly build 18 on. Downloaded did a data wipe and cache wipe. The bug I am having is my power button is not working. I have to slide open keyboard to turn screen on. I'm going to wipe and reflash to see if that fixes problem. If not I will reflash build 17

· Android Addict
259 Posts
dolfns99 said:
So I have been running all of the CM7roms with the same bugs, wifi, camera, battery. Loving the rom. Today I put the nightly build 18 on. Downloaded did a data wipe and cache wipe. The bug I am having is my power button is not working. I have to slide open keyboard to turn screen on. I'm going to wipe and reflash to see if that fixes problem. If not I will reflash build 17
When did you grab the 7/18 build? I strongly suggest downloading the nightly again just to be safe because the original posting was of a faulty build. Something about a section of code being wrong.

· Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Today when I tried to use the doubletwist app to play music the phone just rebooted itself. First time that has ever happened to me using cm4d2g. another thing is that after a while the data on/off toggle on the notification bar starts to respond slower and slower untill reboot.

21 - 40 of 374 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.