Android OS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I rooted my friends Original VZW Droid on 2.2.2 using the gingerbreak.apk
Which gave me root access and Superuser, but when I run the root check app , I have root but I don't have busybox.

So I went to the market downloaded busybox app and tried to install that way but it won't install, it gets denied something about nand.

Any ideas on why this is happening or another way to put busybox on my friends phone preferably without adb?

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
forget the app; check for app in the terminal by running "busybox --help"

the help arg should return all the supported commands in your busybox binary; if you don't get a response busybox isn't setup properly (missing binary or bad/missing symbolic link)

You can look for busybox manually should live in /system/xbin or /system/bin or /system/sbin probably xbin

... but if you want easy let a dev do all the hard work for you install ClockworkMod Recovery then load a custom ROM.

ClockworkMod doesn't use the system's busybox everything it needs is crammed in one file also but it is "command"

·
Supporting Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JBirdVegas said:
forget the app; check for app in the terminal by running "busybox --help"

the help arg should return all the supported commands in your busybox binary; if you don't get a response busybox isn't setup properly (missing binary or bad/missing symbolic link)

You can look for busybox manually should live in /system/xbin or /system/bin or /system/sbin probably xbin

... but if you want easy let a dev do all the hard work for you install ClockworkMod Recovery then load a custom ROM.

ClockworkMod doesn't use the system's busybox everything it needs is crammed in one file also but it is "command"
ok so just so I'm clear and understanding you correctly. I should either use RM to get busybox on
there (easiest way) OR I could use the terminal app and push it through to the /system/xbin or other dir that it should use. I will try the busybox --help in terminal command and see what it says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts