Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
125 Posts
Google Voice | about: forwarding calls to Touchpad instead of phone - FREE
Groove IP - $4.99 $1.99 @ Amazon Appstore!
Groove IP alternatives:
dark_angel said:
Media5-fone | Use settings from Sipdroid or Sip Bri for SIP account - FREE
-------------------------------------------------

Update: Mic problems
, so far US/Canada only

To fix incoming sound:
Pinan said:
I fixed this by going into GrooveIP settings/Troubleshooting, and "checking" WiFi Tablet and Synchronize Voice.
To fix outgoing sound:
Wise Man said:
Patience. Media5-fone currently has working incoming and outgoing sound (did not work for me, will try again later)

·
Nightmare Prince
206 Posts
ironman43 said:
I can text from the touchpad using my google voice number and the google voice app... meow.

AND NOW, I can call from touchpad using my google voice number with Groove IP from the market!!!!!!!

Not that I need a phone but this is totally awesome!!!

I called my phone (android ftw btw) from the Touchpad and the call went through and my phone rang. I am at work so cant talk to my self through mic but will test later!

Life is good.
Groove IP is $4.99 but Sipdroid is Free just download it from Market. Very easy setup instruction by Snow02 HERE http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-apps/15366-sipdroid-free-voip-via-google-voice.html. Matter of fact he is very active in this forum as well and might answer your questions (if any) regarding setup of Sipdroid.
Good Luck!!

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
The mic does not work. I tried GrooVe IP, Sipdroid and obion.
The mic does work with soundhound though so it is related to "calling" only.
Also, I did make phone calls from my touchpad when running webos so it should be fixable.

·
Nightmare Prince
206 Posts
Frunple said:
Also, I did make phone calls from my touchpad when running webos so it should be fixable.
Agreed! I also made some calls through Skype and it worked fine but not with CM7. So basically SUBJECT IS CLOSED FOR RIGHT NOW! until mic is fixed.

·
Android Apprentice
44 Posts
Frunple said:
Tried out grooveIP. Super easy setup, simply great. Hopefully these mic issues get fixed soon. Unlike others, being in canada, I could really find voice over the TP useful for US calls.

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Set this up on my phone using sipdroid, worked great.

Tried it on my TP, doesn't dial out (or so it seems). I enter the number (area code + number) and hit send and the dialing screen appears but there is no sound and the phone being dialed doesn't ring.

I've tried setting preferred call type to both sipdroid only, sipdroid preferred, and phone, and doesn't work on any of them. In fact, if I select phone the dialing screen hangs itself up (slides down and turns red on its own) almost immediately after the dial screen appears.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

·
Nightmare Prince
206 Posts
Redflea said:
Set this up on my phone using sipdroid, worked great.

Tried it on my TP, doesn't dial out (or so it seems). I enter the number (area code + number) and hit send and the dialing screen appears but there is no sound and the phone being dialed doesn't ring.

I've tried setting preferred call type to both sipdroid only, sipdroid preferred, and phone, and doesn't work on any of them. In fact, if I select phone the dialing screen hangs itself up (slides down and turns red on its own) almost immediately after the dial screen appears.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
Try this solution in post # 567 by Green_laptops, it worked for me. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-apps/15366-sipdroid-free-voip-via-google-voice-57.html

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
I had purchased Groove IP previously so I went ahead and tried that, and it dials and connects beautifully, but I can't hear my voice coming out of the TP when I talk on the phone I called to, called my son on his cell and same thing, no sound when he talks on his end.

Kind of a bummer...

·
Android Lover
141 Posts
Was anyone else not able to find Voice on the market? I had to Google (ironic, I know) the APK in order to download it... It seems I have a problem with alot of apps showing up... second issue, it tells me i have to enable voice in my account when it is already enabled.. can't get passed the error.

·
Android Apprentice
125 Posts
erase google voice's data in application manager and launch again then log in to your google voice account.

missing apps > marketfix.zip on sticky thread

update on the phone .. I can hear myself for a second or two but then the mic and speaker drops. I was able to say Hello through the touchpad to my phone but nothing more than a word.

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
So I am able to call from my TP to any other phone and call from my phone to the TP but I can't get texting figured out.

When I send a text from the TP it plays this sound and there is a red triangle with an ! inside it next to the message.

Now when I send a text from my phone to my TP's number it shows up on my Google Voice account online but never on the TP.

I know when I was setting up Voice I couldn't get past checking voicemail settings, what do I need to do to finish getting texting setup? I don't want to use another app and have a new number since I already have one from Google Voice that works fine for making and receiving calls

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
Redflea said:
I had purchased Groove IP previously so I went ahead and tried that, and it dials and connects beautifully, but I can't hear my voice coming out of the TP when I talk on the phone I called to, called my son on his cell and same thing, no sound when he talks on his end.

Kind of a bummer...
@ Ironman also:

I fixed this by going into GrooveIP settings/Troubleshooting, and "checking" WiFi Tablet and Synchronize Voice. Now I hear the party I call, but of course they can't hear me....until the mic gets fixed for telephony use.

I'm not sure if "Wifi Tablet" is needed, but the description makes sense. Synchronize voice is needed.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
crunkfrunk said:
When I send a text from the TP it plays this sound and there is a red triangle with an ! inside it next to the message.
Hmmm. I get texts with no problem on my TP. My TP does not have it's own # though. I simply installed GV, then logged into my Gmail account for GV and the texts come in. I'll look into this a bit.

Edit. I recieve the same texts on my Nook Color too. No special settings.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts