Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So taxes are coming back within a week and im going to buy a rezound. I am coming from an og Inc with s-off. So for preparation of the rezound I have started reading up on it. I would say I am above knowledge than the average user and what I am reading is confusing. We dont get s-off we just get it unlocked, what exactly is the difference? Do I flash roms and kernels the same way I did on the og Inc? Is there anything I need to know so I dont brick my 657 dollar device? If bricked is there a way to unbrick? Before I go messing with such an expensive device is there anything I should know? All help is appreciated as my wife would have my head if I brick this device.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The main thing about not having s-off is that you can't flash custom radios at all, and you can't flash kernels through recovery. You can flash kernels through hboot though with no problem. Some custom roms have a kernel file in the .zip file that gets placed on your SD card during initial flashing. Then it will initiate an auto reboot to bootloader where it will flash the kernel then reboot into your new rom.

Otherwise, kernels will just need to be placed on the sd card in a PH98IMG.zip file, so that hboot will auto-flash it when the it boots into the bootloader.

Other than that no other issues with no s-off. Custom roms and permanent root work like a champ! It's a great phone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have mine running at stock speeds. This phone is dang fast without overclocking, especially when it's rooted and debloated. There are some custom roms out there that really make the Rezound fly. I'm currently running RezRom 1.5, and I think it's one of the best Gingerbread roms out there. There are also a number of ICS roms too. But I don't think overclocking is necessary, but then again, I came to the Rezound from an Eris, so anything is faster at this point. :)

·
Android Beginner
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, clockworkmod has a touch recovery for the rezound but its a disc image file or atleast thats what windows sees it as, How am i supposed to flash it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, clockworkmod has a touch recovery for the rezound but its a disc image file or atleast thats what windows sees it as, How am i supposed to flash it?
Flash in fastboot.
The command for adb.

Adb reboot bootloader
Fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Don't forget to put the recovery in the same folder of your fastboot command

Sent from my HTC rezound with beats

1 - 11 of 11 Posts