Android OS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Abuser
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use a Thunderbolt as my main phone and still have my old D1. It just so happens that i have a 14 month that loves playing with my phone and my wife's phone. I figured I would let he use my old phone to mess around instead of throwing my TB around. I know I can enable airplane mode to turn everything off but I was wondering if it's possible to leave wifi on and just turn the network part of the phone off.

I may not be using the correct terms here....the phone isn't activated so I have no 3G signal or icon. I just have the signal bars. Like I said, I know airplane mode will shut that down, but I would like to leave wifi active. Is this possible? Or since the phone isn't activate should I not have to worry about it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you don't activate the phone, only wifi will work. I was using my D1 wifi only when I got my d2g. So you really don't need to do anything, other than connect to wifi
On my thunderbolt i formatted it and afterwards it wouldnt let me do anything untill i activated yet i couldnt because it didnt have a sim. So sim card devices are a little different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts