Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm having a big problem compiling Android now on Arch Linux. It was working and then suddenly not a few weeks back. I haven't had time to really troubleshoot until recently. I get this error now: http://pastebin.com/8VeUSGjm

Does anybody know how to fix it? I get the error with all versions of openjdk6-6.b24 and with the JRE/JDK 6 U31 from AUR. I'm at a complete loss. I've rolled back gcc-lib files and multi-lib files based on information from the tutorial here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9287-how-to-setup-android-build-environment-on-arch-linux-64bit/page__st__10#entry600514

Thanks in advance!

·
Android Apprentice
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I feel like uber n00b right now. Knowing that some of the gcc-lib and gcc-multilib's need to be the 4.6.3 versions I decided to go back and check the versions of all the files needed for Arch to compile Android correctly. I noticed one or two other files that had been updated so I rolled them back one at a time and tried to compile. During the second compile I randomly woke up the screen on my laptop and I noticed a different error much further up in the build process fly by. So I quickly cancelled the build process and saw "unzip not found". Nowhere is that noted anywhere near the error I've been getting so this whole time I'm thinking my JDK install is bad for some reason based on the errors I was seeing.

So I checked my pacman cache and unzip was there but apparently something I installed had uninstalled it. So all I had to do was reinstall unzip and the build process works again.

·
? - ???
1,158 Posts
:)
If you update regular and using arch as main desktop, you may want to switch to using virtualbox or VM to dev with.
I use virtualbox it works out well.
As I keep my desktop updated on a regular basis.
Also as user posted above use pacman.conf to ignore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.