Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Developer
718 Posts
I didn't have this bug so I wasn't able to test this fix, but Iceman0803 tested it for me.

Symptoms: After upgrading Rom Manager, or after a fresh Gingerbread SBF, you can't boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.

Reason: Rom Manager executes a script containing this code:

Code:
dd if=/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shadow.zip of=/preinstall/recovery/recovery.zip
It wants to convert and copy the new CWM Recovery package to your /preinstall/recovery/ folder. It always did this before, but the filesize of the new recovery has changed. This requires a certain amount of room... room you might not have given the new size, and given the fact that the Gingerbread SBF and All-in-One packages will put junk into your preinstall folder (if you're like Iceman0803, you're about .01mb shy of having enough room).

Solution:
1) Using root explorer, go to /preinstall/app/ and delete any apks you don't use (NFSShift is a great one to delete, its huge)

2) Reflash Clockworkmod Recovery in ROM Manager.

Now you can reboot to CWM Recovery through Rom Manager. Enjoy.

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
Is that zip fine for second init or regular DX?

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woooppss, 2nd-init only! But I think those are the only people having the problem am I wrong?

Reactions: SscoootzZ

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
That's what I need. Good deal. No flash?just copy and paste?

·
Developer
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, can't flash since u got no working cwm right?

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
Works great here too. Thank you

·
Supporting Member
183 Posts
I thought that 5.0.20 was for Droid X with or without 2nd init. That is the cwr that flashes by rom manager whether you hit dx or dx 2nd init.

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
What REALLY pissed meoff is seeing a 98 mb NFS Shift file lurking in my /preinstall

That's stupid

·
Average Android
272 Posts
This worked for me after deleting NFS.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
"JRJ442 said:
This works for those who can't get into recovery after using P3's AIO?
Correct

·
Thread Killer
1,500 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to try it. Deleted Madden and NFS already. Gonna see if it works for me later when my phone charges up. Thanks so much!

·
Android Beginner
9 Posts
sorry i am a dummy and just rooted today and wanted to ask a question. I used the new one-click root and then installed the new version of RomManager in order to create a "nandroid?" backup before i screwed around with my phone. My phone also flashed 5.0.2.0 but whenever I would try to backup my phone it would just restart normally as if nothing had happened. Is this the source of the problem? If i purchase root explorer and delete the NFS apk should it work? I've been trying to read around and some people are saying I need to purchase Droid 2 Bootstrap so not too sure.... thanks and sorry again i'm nooby.

also i tried restarting my phone while holding the power button and home key to get to the triangle ! green man page but the search button didn't do anything. hahaha, man maybe root is too much for me!

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
pyunny said:
sorry i am a dummy and just rooted today and wanted to ask a question. I used the new one-click root and then installed the new version of RomManager in order to create a "nandroid?" backup before i screwed around with my phone. My phone also flashed 5.0.2.0 but whenever I would try to backup my phone it would just restart normally as if nothing had happened. Is this the source of the problem? If i purchase root explorer and delete the NFS apk should it work? I've been trying to read around and some people are saying I need to purchase Droid 2 Bootstrap so not too sure.... thanks and sorry again i'm nooby.

also i tried restarting my phone while holding the power button and home key to get to the triangle ! green man page but the search button didn't do anything. hahaha, man maybe root is too much for me!
hey pyunny, welcome to RootzWiki.

Your problem has nothing to do with this thread.
What you need to do is install Droid 2 Bootstrapper, then open the app and click on "Bootstrap Recovery".
Then you'll be able to boot into CWM using the bootstrapper app or rom manager app and then you can create a nandroid backup.
If you want the newest version of CWM, you can open Rom Manager and click on "Flash Clockworkmod Recovery"

for your other question, when you see the green man, press on both volume buttons. pressing the search key only works on the old froyo rom. for gingerbread you have to press on both volume buttons.

hope that clears it up for you. let us know if you have any more problems.

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Glad I found this. I have Root Explorer but I forgot to flash GApps so I don't have market so I can't install RE so I can't delete so I can't update so I can't flash so... SBFFTMFW! :tongue3:

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
Kevin108 said:
Glad I found this. I have Root Explorer but I forgot to flash GApps so I don't have market so I can't install RE so I can't delete so I can't update so I can't flash so... SBFFTMFW! :tongue3:
ADB push?

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
INt_Rnd_Pooka said:
ADB push?
That's beyond my current skill level, unfortunately. I have been around since the DOS days and I've spent weeks worth of time playing with batch files but I haven't found a good guide to walk me through the basics to get me started with ADB.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts