Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running miui, and I was going to make a backup before I flashed the new version that came out tonight, but whenever I try in CWM or through rom manager, it just gets stuck on "backing up system". I have the 4.0.0.5 (or whatever version is flashed through rom manager) CWM. Anyone got any suggestions on what to try now?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Jmoney4769 said:
I am running miui, and I was going to make a backup before I flashed the new version that came out tonight, but whenever I try in CWM or through rom manager, it just gets stuck on "backing up system". I have the 4.0.0.5 (or whatever version is flashed through rom manager) CWM. Anyone got any suggestions on what to try now?
what usually causes this is having "quick backups & restore" turned on in Rom Manager. If you turn it off, it should work.

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"razorloves said:
what usually causes this is having "quick backups & restore" turned on in Rom Manager. If you turn it off, it should work.
Nah, that wasn't checked in the first place.

I did manage to get it to work by flashing the old (2.5.0.6) recovery. Not sure why that one worked though

·
Average Android
185 Posts
interesting. i just flashed 4005 last night (for some reason i did have a recovery) and i backed up and it went just fine.

maybe try reflashing the recovery through rom manager?

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Use the MIUI built in backup system. Saves your app and app data when you go to restore. Its fast and easy.

[Insert mobile signature line here]

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
"Jmoney4769 said:
How long are you letting it sit at backing up system? The bar doesn't work on the bar but it is working just wait a little bit n it will move on to data

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BMc08GT said:
How long are you letting it sit at backing up system? The bar doesn't work on the bar but it is working just wait a little bit n it will move on to data
I am not concerned with the progress bar in any way. I know it was doing nothing because, when making a backup, ClockworkMod will tell you what files are being backed up, visible below the text "backing up system ". When I tried, this text was not there after waiting a reasonable amount of time.

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
macpro88 said:
Use the MIUI built in backup system. Saves your app and app data when you go to restore. Its fast and easy.

[Insert mobile signature line here]
I make backups so that I have something to flash in CWM if everything goes wrong. I honestly do not care about the data on most of my apps as it is easy to make again

·
Genius
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"BMc08GT said:
Not with CW 4.0 it will show "backing up system" and then will say "backing up data". It doesnt show the files for whatever reason, or at least thats what I have seen. Someone else correct me if im wrong
You are correct. I actually waited for a while and it did. Thank you for telling me, I would have been flashing a different recovery whenever I wanted to make a backup :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts