Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so got my TP yesterday. Signed up, registered with my gmail address. Everything syncs fine but when I actually go to read it I get a message saying it cannot retrieve the message or something. Tried reboots, tried removing and re adding the account....nothing works.

Anyone else have issues. Happens with new mail and older saved emails.

·
Android Genius
56 Posts
You have to go into the email preferences and tell it how far back to sync. I think by defaults its set to 3 days. I changed mine to sync the last months worth.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess I didnt explain it very well. I can see that I have mail in my inbox, but when I tap on an email and the reading paine opens up, I cant get anything to load. I get the message ”an error accused downlosding this message” this is in the native email app

·
Android Lover
232 Posts
Turdbogls said:
guess I didnt explain it very well. I can see that I have mail in my inbox, but when I tap on an email and the reading paine opens up, I cant get anything to load. I get the message "an error accused downlosding this message" this is in the native email app
Did you set it up manually or just log in? I just logged in and and let it auto configure it and it works fine for my gmail account. You might want to delete the account and recreate it.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
piiman said:
Did you set it up manually or just log in? I just logged in and and let it auto configure it and it works fine for my gmail account. You might want to delete the account and recreate it.
I just signed in and let it do its thing. I have also already removed the account and added it again. Really dont want to wipe it clean and if it comes to that I will just delete the account since I use my thunderbolt for emails anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts