Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 575 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
135 Posts
jt1134 said:
Thanks for the feedback! Glad someone enjoys it. Did a new build last night with working haptic feedback, tablet tweaks, and some other stuff. Will try to upload today along with a new recovery.
I am fairly sure there are quite a few people watching this and just waiting for the major bugs to get worked out before switching.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
"pvtjoker42 said:
Any reports of this working on a Sprint Tab? Guess I'll play the crashtest dummy and find out.. :)
I would assume it would work for the most part, 3g data certainly won't work without updating some files and settings though.

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
personally I'm not concerned with 3g, just wifi. Just installed the CWM recovery posted in the OP, but when i power off and boot into recovery, it's still stock.. am I missing something? Do i need to pull the kernel out of the .zip and flash that with the recovery, then try and flash the .zip?

Just flashed both kernel and recovery, powered off and booted into recovery. It got stuck the first time trying to load recovery, but I powered off, then back into recovery just fine. Flashed and now I'm happily setting up my apps etc.. thanks!

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Good to know, thanks for testing it out. Be aware though, the sprint tab uses different boot modes, so if you have issues rebooting, don't say I didn't warn you ;)

That's probably why you had trouble when only flashing as recovery, since, afaik, the sprint version doesn't even use its recovery partition, and uses the kernel partition for both recovery and Android.

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
quick question before i flash this, to i flash the recovery tar in odin? and will it take me back to RFS with CWM Recovery?

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
"bobboman said:
quick question before i flash this, to i flash the recovery tar in odin? and will it take me back to RFS with CWM Recovery?
It'll only flash the recovery. It doesn't change your filesystem at all.

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
so i would have to use Heimdall to go back to complete stock then, i wonder if i kept all the files lol

edit: i got it up and running, took a couple reboots of my computer because ADB likes to screw up my USB ports to the point where heimdall(and odin because for some reason i needed to reflash my modem.bin) can't find my tablet (and i my wireless dongle gives out)

anyone know of a program that will force my gal tab into landscape?

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
"bobboman said:
so i would have to use Heimdall to go back to complete stock then, i wonder if i kept all the files lol

edit: i got it up and running, took a couple reboots of my computer because ADB likes to screw up my USB ports to the point where heimdall(and odin because for some reason i needed to reflash my modem.bin) can't find my tablet (and i my wireless dongle gives out)

anyone know of a program that will force my gal tab into landscape?
Still working on orientation. Right now its either portrait or landscape, takes some hacking to switch back and forth.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
"TabletMan said:
Great work Guys. still waiting for a solution to work with EXT 4
Just got some usable ext4 kernel modules. Trying to work out a conversion solution. Works if you're already on ext4.

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
jt1134 said:
Only necessary to flash to recovery, though it should work for the kernel also if you're on a gingerbread ROM.
Ok great, thank you. I will give this a try tonight and report back my findings.

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
after running this (and converting to EXT4) i really only have one major complaint and its that i have if my tablet spends any amount of time in a sleep state, i have to toggle wifi off and on to get it to work again

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
So far, very good. Installation went smoothly and setup was a breeze. Overall the ROM is very fast and so far no problems.

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
downloading now, will flash over current RFS setup. any info about an auto rotate fix? That's the only thing I've come across so far that has been an issue, other than the market showing my Sprint tab as a VZW tab (which i changed in build.prop) and certain things aren't showing to be downloadable from the market, which happened even before the build.prop edits. Not sure if it's from the confusion of which Tab it is or what the issue might be.

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
"pvtjoker42 said:
downloading now, will flash over current RFS setup. any info about an auto rotate fix? That's the only thing I've come across so far that has been an issue, other than the market showing my Sprint tab as a VZW tab (which i changed in build.prop) and certain things aren't showing to be downloadable from the market, which happened even before the build.prop edits. Not sure if it's from the confusion of which Tab it is or what the issue might be.
I have had this happen also on other ROMs. I want my HBO Go, but I won't die without it. I think it comes from the confusion odd which version you have. Would a Sprint SPH-P100 specific build.prop fix it?

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
RyGran87 said:
I have had this happen also on other ROMs. I want my HBO Go, but I won't die without it. I think it comes from the confusion odd which version you have. Would a Sprint SPH-P100 specific build.prop fix it?
Not entirely sure, that's why I started messing with it to see if I had any luck. Probably didn't modify it enough to purge ALL the VZW traces out of the build.prop. Might play around with this more tonight when I've got more free time. Compare it to the stock GB Sprint build.prop.

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
jt1134 said:
Still working on orientation. Right now its either portrait or landscape, takes some hacking to switch back and forth.
can u detail the steps involved in getting landscape orientation? i tried editing the build.prop, but only froze my tab. i appreciate all your work... thanks

21 - 40 of 575 Posts