Android OS Forum banner
561 - 575 of 575 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm running this in my sprint tab and loving it! Only problem is I can't sign in to Google account.. any advice thanks!

·
androidIAN
133 Posts
I'm running this in my sprint tab and loving it! Only problem is I can't sign in to Google account.. any advice thanks!
You have to mount system in recovery manually before flashing gapps. Come on over to ICS.

Ian

sent from the innerweb

·
Registered
10 Posts
You said come over to ics. I'm on it now but only build 4.. Have been unable to successfully flash most recent update. Any suggestions? I kinda understand why its happening cuz ive been trying to read before posting but how can I flash it without getting that *fail assert build prop* message. My heads spinning. I guess build 4 is still a exceptional ics rom but you know how it goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All, I am familiar with rooting Motorola cells, but this my first foree into Samsung products and tablets... I love this galaxy tab 7.0 and after a few hours last night figured out and succesfully rooted the thing... I was up until 3:30 a.m. and was up at 7:30 with ics on my mind... :) I have been following this links, http://geekniggle.blogspot.com/2011/12/loading-ice-cream-sandwich-on-verizon.html , advice and it has been flawless as of now, however, I also can not find a functioning [Cdma] [Vzwtab] Cm7 Beta-Kang [Unofficial] 11/01 link. Two questions, does the geekniggle blog look accurate, and if so does anyone have a functioning link to the CM7 Beta-Kang, or another cm7 that I can use for the function stated on the blog? Again, I am not super familiar with tablets or Samsung rooting, and after last night, I would really like to finish the ics flash as smoothly as possible... I am currently at step 19 on the blog, and ready to go.... any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey quick question. I have my VZW tab rooted, but I need a version of CWM to flash through Heimdall. I've been going nuts the past couple hours tryign to find something. Every link I find is broken! Can someone PLEASE help me out :) I would really appreciate it.. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey quick question. I have my VZW tab rooted, but I need a version of CWM to flash through Heimdall. I've been going nuts the past couple hours tryign to find something. Every link I find is broken! Can someone PLEASE help me out :) I would really appreciate it.. Thanks in advance...
You can get it from my website
http://cm9.uctservices.com/cwm-recovery-5.0.2.7.tar

Just open it and use the 2 files that are in it.

·
Androidian
53 Posts
I am currently on Jt's build of CM9 ICS. If I want to go back to CM7 Kang JT build, what do I have to do. I tried to go back already, did complete factory reset, all wipes and loaded the latest build from this forum "1101 build" but when rebooting, system I stayed stuck on the Samsung Logo, did this twice already, I am currently back on CM9 ICS build from Jt.

How to go back to CM7?

I have my answer from JT's CM9 OP thread.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]To switch back to another ROM you MUST use Odin or Heimdall to flash a full system package to restore your system to BML."[/background][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)] [/background]

But where to find a full system package and what parts to flash via Heimdall?"

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look for a stock rom, rooted if you want it to be and flash that in heimdall with a pit and Repartition Checked (Important!!). After that, you can flash CWM (through heimdall) and reinstall this from recovery.

·
Androidian
53 Posts
Hi,

I found several VZW stock roms no problem. However, when I try to go back to stock via Heimdall and try to repartition with the stock pit file selected for repartition device, The start button for Heimdall 1.1.1 cannot be selected. As soon as I uncheck Repartition then I can select the start button.

All other appropriate items have been selected, factoryfs.rfs, zImage, param.lfs, cache.rfs, dbdata.rfs and recovery.bin

Just when I select Repartition Device with an included pit.pit file, I cannot start the installation. I am doing this while in Download mode, debugging is selected. The drivers for the device have been loaded etc.

Anybody know what is wrong?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just flashed this ROM as I can no longer use Heimdall to flash a stock rom since my internal SD had to be physically removed because of the ICS erase bug. This was the only gingerbread ROM I've been able to find that you can flash in CWM recovery. So far everything I've tested works great except for the camera (still works better than in ICS). There's still a bug in the camera app and I can't record video with the front camera (trying to switch to it while in video mode crashes the app, as does starting video mode with front camera already on). Is there any way to *fix* this problem? I've given a couple of play store camera apps a try and they exhibit the same behavior. However, Skype works with the front camera. Is there some way to yank the camera software from a stock VZW ROM and install it into this one? Or does anyone know of a stock rooted GB 2.3.5 ROM for Verizon that will flash in CWM recovery? TIA

561 - 575 of 575 Posts