Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 575 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Great job guys! Thank you for your hard work. Can you give us a hint on how to lock it to landscape mode?

Can someone please confirm if the sixaxis ps3 controller test app says we have the right bluetooth stack?????

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
kamakazie2 said:
Great job guys! Thank you for your hard work. Can you give us a hint on how to lock it to landscape mode?

Can someone please confirm if the sixaxis ps3 controller test app says we have the right bluetooth stack?????
It does say that it's compatible, I haven't gone through the whole process of pairing it though.

In my limited testing, here's what I found:

This ROM is nice, and with ext4, it's fluid and quick. Great work JT!

As far as bugs go:
  • Volume rocker wake does not work
  • Screen off is landscape
  • Error in Portable Wifi Hotspot
  • No auto brightness option
  • Google Maps and Youtube shows in the market, but will not allow downloading
  • Wifi signal shows as low all the time
  • Camcorder does not work
  • Rom Manager reports that Clockwork Recovery is not installed and asks if I have Galaxy S (i9000) or Galaxy S mtd

I'll keep looking for more, but this is fantastic! Not sure if you're looking for suggestions of new functionality, but there is a guy with a kernel patch for USB host mode, which I would absolutely love.

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1233072

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Wow thats fantastic.. Thank you for testing. All we beed is voodoo sound and its a home run.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
towenk3 said:
can u detail the steps involved in getting landscape orientation? i tried editing the build.prop, but only froze my tab. i appreciate all your work... thanks
in the build.prop you want to edit the line
Code:
ro.sf.hwrotation=90
to
Code:
ro.sf.hwrotation=0
and reboot for it to take effect.

Coolsaber57 said:
It does say that it's compatible, I haven't gone through the whole process of pairing it though.

In my limited testing, here's what I found:

This ROM is nice, and with ext4, it's fluid and quick. Great work JT!

As far as bugs go:
  • Volume rocker wake does not work
  • Screen off is landscape
  • Error in Portable Wifi Hotspot
  • No auto brightness option
  • Google Maps and Youtube shows in the market, but will not allow downloading
  • Wifi signal shows as low all the time
  • Camcorder does not work
  • Rom Manager reports that Clockwork Recovery is not installed and asks if I have Galaxy S (i9000) or Galaxy S mtd

I'll keep looking for more, but this is fantastic! Not sure if you're looking for suggestions of new functionality, but there is a guy with a kernel patch for USB host mode, which I would absolutely love.

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1233072
I will not address all your issues (most are, yeah, it's still beta, they'll be fixed eventually).
I asked koush about getting together with me to sort out the RM issue the other day, but I have yet to hear back from him. But basically, we need him to fix that.
I plan on implementing the USB host driver code as soon as we have source for the kernel.

Reactions: Coolsaber57

·
Android Apprentice
45 Posts
I've also run into a handful of apps (facebook, sixaxis controller compatibility check, and several others) that you can search in the market, but they don't have a download/install option. I've pulled a couple from another device and they will install and work fine when installed manually. Otherwise I'm loving CM7 on my Tab!

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
KhasMek said:
I will not address all your issues (most are, yeah, it's still beta, they'll be fixed eventually).
I asked koush about getting together with me to sort out the RM issue the other day, but I have yet to hear back from him. But basically, we need him to fix that.
I plan on implementing the USB host driver code as soon as we have source for the kernel.
Oh yeah, that I know, in JT's OP he asks for reports of what is broken, I just thought I'd add in what I found. BTW, is the maps/youtube bug a problem with the build.prop as well? Would the fingerprint from say, the VZW GB leak, work?

Thank you again, you and JT are the type of people that make the android community (possibly excluding a good portion of XDA, :grin:) awesome.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Is it possible to flash this through heimdall? currently on oldmacnuts Better Than Life Confidence and Paranoia V2.0, and have not been able to successfully install cwm on that rom :/ would love to give this a try though!

scratch that, read through the thread and figured it out.

thanks for a great rom!

·
Android Apprentice
53 Posts
pvtjoker42 said:
I've also run into a handful of apps (facebook, sixaxis controller compatibility check, and several others) that you can search in the market, but they don't have a download/install option. I've pulled a couple from another device and they will install and work fine when installed manually. Otherwise I'm loving CM7 on my Tab!
Yep, I did the same thing, I pulled Maps and Youtube from my CM7 (also from JT, lol) fascinate. They work just fine!

·
Android Apprentice
101 Posts
Coolsaber57 said:
Yep, I did the same thing, I pulled Maps and Youtube from my CM7 (also from JT, lol) fascinate. They work just fine!
PLEASE tell me where (directories) you pulled Maps and YouTube from.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Just a heads up, I can't get any video to play from the sd card-avi,mp4,etc. All audio plays fine though.

Sent from my CM7 powered Samsung Galaxy Tab

·
Android Beginner
59 Posts
I changed the ro.sf.hwrotation in build.prop the screen changed to landscape but the touch seems to be still calibrated for portrait, i drag my finger from the right to pull my notification bar down. did i do something wrong? any help would be appreciated.

·
Android Beginner
22 Posts
You can switch to landscape though the adw launcher, that's on there already. It's in the settings under ui then screen preferences-home orientation. That's how i'm on landscape right now.

Home screen

Second screen to the left

I gotta turn on % showing for the battery and the cyan theme still. :)

I am having problems with the new version on wifi. it disconnects every 2-3 webpages. I then have to turn toggle off/on before it'll work again. Never had this problem before?
Also, free memory is down about 40-60mb on this release and im getting 2800 in Antutu now..wierd! I gotta make sure it's not on my end and ill report back.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Finally got orientation "fixed". It's kinda whacky, and SUPER hacky, but it works for the most part. Got the kernel source crap worked out too, with Voodoo sound and what not :D

·
Android Apprentice
37 Posts
jt1134 said:
Finally got orientation "fixed". It's kinda whacky, and SUPER hacky, but it works for the most part. Got the kernel source crap worked out too, with Voodoo sound and what not :D
Great to hear. Looking forward to the update or fix instructions.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Strong work...loving CM7 on the tab, only issues I've had so far are the videos not playing and the market problems noted earlier. I uninstalled the market update (not market updater). Go to settings/applications/ manage applications/all/market/uninstall update. Now all apps are downloadable and work, except video for youtube. Netflix still is giving me an error also. I know the vzw tab owners love having a couple of good dev in their corner. Thanks for all of your hard work!!

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
"elguapo said:
Strong work...loving CM7 on the tab, only issues I've had so far are the videos not playing and the market problems noted earlier. I uninstalled the market update (not market updater). Go to settings/applications/ manage applications/all/market/uninstall update. Now all apps are downloadable and work, except video for youtube. Netflix still is giving me an error also. I know the vzw tab owners love having a couple of good dev in their corner. Thanks for all of your hard work!!
The market problems are due to changing the lcd density, revert it 240 and it should work. Fixed in upcoming build.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Just kanged OMX libs from the Nexus S and got video playback working MUCH better, videos recorded from the camcorder on a stock build play, as well as HQ YouTube :D still no recording from camcorder though, that's gonna take some hacking :(

Fixing up a few more things, then a new build should be up, hopefully later tonight :D

41 - 60 of 575 Posts