Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know how to change the boot logo on the x2 is there a app like there is for the x or a manual way to do it

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Root Tools one the market from jrummy
Will allow you to change it with a pretty good selection to choose from or you can do it manually
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea im wanting to use one I made for my old x but I can't seem to find the existing one in the x2s system files to swap it out

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Ok your talking about the moto logo at first boot before the animation?

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep had a app that changed it on my x so I never bothered to find out how to do it manually amd seems the app wont work for the x2

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
This is called the splash screen. I used to know where it was at, ill look around and let you know.

·
Android Apprentice
10 Posts
Did a search for logo.bin not seeing anything. I am curious now too would be nice to change from default dual core logo.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll give it a go tonight I just hate the fact that if I bootloop I gota sbf since I can't get to clockwork from power off

·
Themer
35 Posts
I'm pretty sure as long as the bootstrap was left untouched, it should still boot into recovery when plugged in. That is if you have everything set up beforehand.

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea i install recovery wait plug into ac then hit recovery mode boots me into clockwork then if i flash somthing that sends me into bootloop i have yet to find a way to get back to clockwork

·
Average Android
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BrentBlend said:
Someone try one of the zips found in THIS thread

Make a back up first

If those work then you can reference THIS thread to make your own
no this zip dont work in clock work says error in zip (0)

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
As far as I know, to change the boot LOGO you first create the proper image file and package it to a sbf, then using rsdlite you flash it. It only changes the boot LOGO and nothing else.

I've never done it personally, however I knew a guy on Droid forums who would take what ever image you wanted and turned it into the sbf file, all I had to do was flash it with rsdlite. I use to do this regularly on my OG Droid, however I've not tried it on my Droid X2. But I don't see why it should be any different.

That being said I'm pretty sure there is a tutorial on the whole process over at Droid forums.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts