Android OS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Android Lover
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... I've ran 4 or 5 roms. Eclipse, gummy froyo, gummy gb, stock gb and stock froyo. The entire time I've experienced random reboots. I could be Internet browsing or just texting. It's happening upwards of ten times a day now. I've wiped between roms, have the stock kernel with gummy gb 1.5.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Sounds like it could be an app that is causing your reboots.

·
Supporting Member
113 Posts
Unfortunately you would have to remove all of your apps and reinstall them one by one until you find the culprit.

·
Android Apprentice
84 Posts
Normally what happens with random reboots is a low memory situation, or an app using massive amounts of cpu. I would start uninstalling apps one at a time until the problem goes away.

I have experienced this problem before, and just recently with the latest update of GoSms

·
Android Beginner
19 Posts
Honestly i had a similar problem with my old phone (DROID X) and got similar answers to what you are getting here and eventually came to the conclusion that it was a defective phone. Got my next phone installed all the same apps and all was good. It might be in your benefit to get back to stock ee4 install your apps like normal go to verizon and tell them that you've tried everything possible and you want a new one a lot of times they are really great about it

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
The 92 thing is due to your battery stats. Let your phone drain to 2% then wipe stars. Then let it charge all the way while it is off and wipe again. The reboots have happened to me before because of a bad titanium backup restore. Try only restoring data on needed apps. The rest just restore the app with no data.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
12 Posts
If I were trying to rule out a possible hardware/warranty issue, I would probably:

1.) Back up any critical data - mybackup or titanium

2.) Reboot into CWM and do the big 3 - wipe cache, wipe data, wipe dalvik

3.) Install a well established rom-package through odin - For diagnostic purposes, I would recommend EE4 Gummy as it has been fairly well vetted. Stay away from the new-ish gingerbread leaks for now until you have narrowed down the problem. The odin package will ensure that you have properly formatted and re-written the radio, kernel, rom, etc.

4.) Do not restore data/apps right away - try to use it as a clean install. Check your email, browse the web, etc.

5.) If you have instability prior to installing anything extra, then you may have a hardware issue. Otherwise, the problem is likely in the data that you are restoring.

**Be careful with restoring any data in general. I recently had major performance issues with the initial release of EP1F GummyCharged GBE. I was almost ready to give up on it and go back to EE4 until I tried the aforementioned steps. Something in the data I restored from Mybackup Pro was wigging out my phone. After a clean reinstall and manually reinstalling my apps with no data restore, my phone is now running smooth as silk.**

As far as the battery issue, reconditioning makes a huge difference. Let your phone die completely, place on the charger until it says it is completed, unplug it and let it max out a couple of times after unplugging, then boot directly into CWM and wipe battery stats in the advanced menu. My battery is unbelievable now. I took my phone off the charger at 7:30 this morning, and with moderate use throughout the day on twitter, email, web and such, I still have 70% left at 8:15 (almost 13 hours later).

Sorry for the long reply. I figure I've spent enough time lurking and reading everyone else's posts, that its time that I help out and start adding to the community.

·
Android Beginner
27 Posts
If you are using set cpu or any kind of processor profile you will force reboots. You cannot use a method of cpu control. Imnuts has disclaimers on XDA on this.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts