Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
So of course I had to get a Galaxy Nexus. After having stared at its unimaginative statusbar icons for a few days, I felt there was a certain, circular aspect missing from its UI, so I took a deep breath and fired up Photoshop. I've kept the style similar to my previous versions of CirclesMod, but the icons are completely redrawn to make use of the Nexus' higher display resolution, and also incorporating some of my ideas from the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Looks like this ...

The most convenient way to get the Mod is via the Play Store, if you're running CyanogenMod 9, AOKP, Gummy or another ROM that incorporates the CM9 Theme Engine... I'm in the process of converting my themes to this format.

http://c0.dk/cmicsblue

I've also done the White CirclesMod, based on Nitroz's amazing Black Exodus framework - with his permission, of course.

http://c0.dk/cmicswhite

Ive also released Freehand CirclesMod which is the first and only actually drawn Theme for Android 4.
You can see a couple of screenshot in the Google Play listing :)

http://c0.dk/cmfreehand

My website holds all other versions, and I encourage you to bookmark this link, if you want to keep track of my Galaxy Nexus downloads :)
http://circlesmod.dk...?s=dl&vl=gnexus

Disclaimer one: As for updates and versions, I'm not gonna do massive change logs and follow seven forums to cover the "market". I can't and won't spend all my waking hours building for any and every half-hourly KANG out there, so I'm inclined to pick one or two major ROMs and support that...

Disclaimer zero: I'm pre-supposing that you already know what to do with flashable zips, and that you accept responsibility for your own actions. As in use your head, keep your device backed up and so on and so forth.

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I've updated my OP with androidrevolution 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (same framework ressources between the two versions) and uploaded what I hope can be used across all stock, deodexed 4.0.3 IML 74K AOSP built ROMs...

As for separate LTE versions, I'm not sure the framework ressources are different?
I know that someone on XDA flashed my GSM MoDaCo file on AndroidRevolution LTE without issues.
Not exactly behaviour I'd encourage, but you know... Maybe IML74K is Iml74K is IML74K. I don't know

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying out Android Open Kang Project, which seems ok (I'm gonna let the pink unicorn slide for now), but of course I've added my subtle twist ...

It's just the statusbar icons, but please note that I've shut up the low battery and camera/video sounds, solely for my own benefit. If you don't want this for whatever reason, and/or if it happens to be illegal in your region, simply remove the /system/media folder from my zip before flashing.

For AOKP Milestone 1
CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_M1fb_b005-signed.zip

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I'm trying out Android Open Kang Project, which seems ok (I'm gonna let the pink unicorn slide for now), but of course I've added my subtle twist ...

It's just the statusbar icons, but please note that I've shut up the low battery and camera/video sounds, solely for my own benefit. If you don't want this for whatever reason, and/or if it happens to be illegal in your region, simply remove the /system/media folder from my zip before flashing.

For AOKP Milestone 1
CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_M1fb_b005-signed.zip
Why do people hate the pink unicorn so much?

Cheers for the mod, works a treat and looks ace

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just a quick thing OP... Where are the originals located to back them up with? Or maybe you could compile it into an apk for people who want to try it but don't have to stick with it if they don't want to.

And another thing, this mod is so awesome, super job with ze photoshopz. Really though, I'M DYING TO TRY THIS OUT but I wanna be able to revert whenever...]

Thanks again dude, for the awesome work.

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey
I did a fresh build for AOKP 14, it's just the usual.

CirclesMod_GNexus_AOKP_b014_b005-signed.zip (undo)

I've played around with it for a bit, haven't found any obvious bugs.
The pink unicorn is growing on me

---------------------

People have been asking me, mostly on XDA, about a softkey mod.
Just out of curiosity, what are you looking for in a softkey mod?

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is definitely one of my favorite mods! But I haven't been able to get it to work with Codename Android 1.0.1 will I ever be able to? Sorry, I'm an android noob.
Yea none of the current releases seem to work. I asked him if he would be so kind as to make one and he said hed work on it. Give him some time to work his magic! Thanks so much Hooolm, these stock icons are killing me!

·
Android Beginner
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, the thing is - most of the AOSPs are handling the statusbar layout a little different from each other. Like signal and in-built percentage (both of which are actually clusters of overlaid images/text). So I can't just push the same code to all ROMs, and I'd rather not release anything that I'm less than, say 97% confident will look right

1 - 20 of 145 Posts