1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Average Android
63 Posts

·
Developer
735 Posts
TDubKong said:
Yes. Here is the link to ROM Addicts tutorial on how to change your splash screen.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1006999&highlight=splash+screen+tutorial

Here is a zip of the Splash flasher. Just unzip it click on the "read me" file and the rest is explained.

http://goo.gl/3UxIZ

G-d bless
What he means is unpacking the boot.img which is what most OEM's(motorola, htc for example) use to compress the kernel/ramdisk, and to answer serious question yes u can but, u would need cygwin which is an emulator(sort of) that lets u run linux programs on windows, heres the dsixda kitchen which can get u started(it unpacks boot.imgs, among other things) on what ur looking for, so yeah hope this helps u in w/e ur trying to acomplish and if in doubt call 911...jk jk, post on here il help u out in w/e i can :angry:

·
Developer
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rafyvitto said:
What he means is unpacking the boot.img which is what most OEM's(motorola, htc for example) use to compress the kernel/ramdisk, and to answer serious question yes u can but, u would need cygwin which is an emulator(sort of) that lets u run linux programs on windows, heres the dsixda kitchen which can get u started(it unpacks boot.imgs, among other things) on what ur looking for, so yeah hope this helps u in w/e ur trying to acomplish and if in doubt call 911...jk jk, post on here il help u out in w/e i can :angry:
Thanks, still trying to find a way to repack, I don't have enough hard drive space to is install a linux distro.

·
Average Android
63 Posts
rafyvitto said:
learned something new. sorry for the mistaken post. :D

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
I don't know if there is but I'm on ubuntu and want to change this same file. Is there a way to. On ubuntu 11.4 I believe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.