1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
*** MOD SHOP OFFICIALLY CLOSED ***

*** MODS ON [post='1145652']POST #2[/post] ***
*** BOOTANIMATIONS ON [post='1145654']POST #3[/post] ***

Hey guys!! It's your favorite monster again! :D

I'm starting this thread to show my work and give you guys a chance to make your N7's a little different. Now, I should start by saying that, for now, my mods will only be effective on CM10.1 based ROM's with Tablet UI* enable (Special mention to Timur's USBROM).

Shortly after I started my In-Dash Project [sup](Kookie's In-Dash Project)[/sup] I realized that the System Bar could be much improved to better suit my needs. My first experience was to add the volume buttons to the bar. I then started to get a few requests, which made me realize people were after the same things I wanted. And alas... this thread is born. I will be posting all the mods I make and are worth sharing. Plus... you get the chance to come here and request custom ones. I may or may not be able to apply them. I should warn everyone out there that I'm no experienced themer. Just a guy looking for a different approach! :)

Requests "How-To"
I have lots of ideas of my own, but this thread was created to help the community, and so I will always give priority to your requests. But in order to know exactly what you want I will need you guys to provide as most info as possible. The work I've done so far is supposed to help you understand what can/can't actually be done. You also have to understand that the bar is pretty limited. Don't go asking for a bar with 20 buttons on it. lol Here's a short list of specs:
  • Buttons to be removed/added;
  • Buttons position;
  • Buttons color/shape (if you see any icons you like and want me to incorporate it... just add the link);
  • Clock font color/size;
I should also say that I reserve the right to take your requests under consideration or not. But don't worry... I will answer all of them, even if the answer is negative. And I will always try to attend them... unless I really know I can't do it. And there's always an alternative! :)

I have some crazy cool ideas, so stay tuned. There's lots more to come!!

Support this project.

Donor's List (special "thank you")

MetalMan, WayneM, RED ZMAN

Thanks for reading.

Flashing Instructions:
If you read this far, you probably know how to flash these files, right? I'm assuming most of you do. For those who don't, here's how to flash them:
  1. Download the mod you want to implement on your N7;
  2. Push the file to your N7;
  3. Reboot to recovery (look for CWM of TWRP. It's all over the place);
  4. Press install and look for the location the file was transferred to;
  5. Select the file and flash (don't wipe cache/dalvik cache. There's really no need for that)
Warning
You should always make a full backup before doing any kind of changes to your N7.

Disclaimers
  • * What is tablet UI? It's the Navigation bar (bottom one) and Status Bar (top one... you know, the one with the battery and wi-fi indicators, clock, etc, etc) combined. When these two are combined they originate a single bar at the bottom called "System Bar".
  • Use these files at your own risk. I can't and won't be responsible for something that goes wrong while messing with the files the wrong way (flashing differently from what I posted above). These files will NEVER brick your device but can leave it pretty inoperable.
  • This is obviously NOT what I do for a living so, please... be patient if I take some time to attend your request. Thanks
  • I didn't "invent the wheel". There's lots of mods out there... and Android is a pretty transversal OS. You just have to know where to look and the rest is basically trial and error.

TWRP landscape version
(kudos to Dees_Troy for his awesome recovery and to Tasssadar for the rotation implement)
Download - Mirror

·
Registered
593 Posts
WARNING: Mods not working correctly after 20130517 nightly. Flash at your own risk!! As I make new mods for the new framework I will post the version it belongs to.

Volume Buttons
Centered Clock

(30dp version) - (Requested by MetalMan) - (default clock font size: 16dp)[post='1146216']Volume Buttons & Center Clock merge[/post]

[post='1146225']Media Buttons[/post]

Next mods:
  • Create flashable file for volume buttons mod;
  • Merge volume buttons mod with center clock mod (I can see this being handy to some;
  • Create mod with centered media buttons (play, next track, previous track);
  • Create mod with power button (some of you doing car installs don't have access to the physical power button, so this is very handy);
  • Create mod with brightness button;
  • Create my own custom bar (back, home, previous, play/pause, next, notification area, brightness, power)
  • Being able to set transparency to System bar.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gogo release your volume buttons!
Atm i have to use the ugly Volume control app
Anyways looks nice with those kind of things!
Probably tonight! :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Should probably state somewhere that this is for Timur's USBRom only. Need a donate button too.
This is NOT for Timur's USBROM only. It's for every CM10.1 based ROM with Tablet UI.

But you're right.... I should add this mention. :)

Donate button will come in good time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The second I did was a request from MetalMan. He wanted his bar with the clock centered and a bigger font. So... I did it!

Requested by MetalMan

30dp version​
Font size: 30dp -> http://bit.ly/15FrRex
Font size: 34dp -> http://bit.ly/ZUFNJC
Font size: 38dp -> http://bit.ly/12u5Qct
I should add that the clock's default font size is 16dp.
Just for quick background on this: I made this request because my N7 is mounted in my car's dash, and the original clock font size in USBROM is 16 dp (as Kookie pointed out). It was not easily readable, and unless I'm on the home screen, the status bar clock is the only clock in my entire car. So having a larger, centered clock will make sure I always have an easy-to-read clock! Attached is a screenshot showing off the 38 dp centered clock :)

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just for quick background on this: I made this request because my N7 is mounted in my car's dash, and the original clock font size in USBROM is 16 dp (as Kookie pointed out). It was not easily readable, and unless I'm on the home screen, the status bar clock is the only clock in my entire car. So having a larger, centered clock will make sure I always have an easy-to-read clock! Attached is a screenshot showing off the 38 dp centered clock :)
This is exactly what I ask you guys to do after you use one of my mods: show me what you made with it! :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
As promised...

Volume Buttons mod added to OP.

http://bit.ly/11zsNzE

I will be merging this mod with the centered clock as well. As soon as I get the time. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Volume Buttons & CenterClock (no recent apps button)
(38dp version)
Center VolumeButtons & Clock
(34dp version)
Center VolumeButtons & Clock (no recent apps button)
(30dp version)
In case you're really used to using the recent apps button, try pressing the home button for about 1sec. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Media Buttons

http://bit.ly/11CNvyH

Icon pack used: http://forum.xda-dev...ICONS&nocache=1

The "play" icon is currently not changing to pause when the music is playing. I have to find a way of doing this programmatically, which I still have to figure out how to do. xD

This is just getting started guys! :)

Reactions: leolulz

·
Registered
593 Posts
Is that working with the volume buttons? Or do they collide?
I don't use the clock on my N7.
No, they don't collide at all. But all the coding has to be changed by hand and the media buttons mod was done late last night, so... :)

This is why I ask you guys to make requests. I got all kinds of ideas, but I will always give priority to your requests.

Reactions: leolulz
1 - 20 of 66 Posts