Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Founder - Soulhamsters.com
209 Posts
I can provide you with links to the rom that had it before, so you can check it out and see if there is something you can pull out.

Blasted from my Samsung Galaxy SIII (CM10.1 Masta Mix).

·
209 Posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1848555
[ROM][CM10][4.1.2][GSM][07-Dec-2012] Sapir - CM10 based + tablet mode +++

He's the last person I knew that did it, but others did it on CM9 and CM10 too for the original Galaxy Tab.

Blasted from my Samsung Galaxy SIII (CM10.1 Masta Mix).

·
209 Posts
Finally got that new boot animation flashed, PERFECT, thank you! Donation coming in now.

BTW, I had to use the links from your post about it, the links in the 3rd post aren't right.

Confirmation number: 9LN727921V339550T.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Finally got that new boot animation flashed, PERFECT, thank you! Donation coming in now.

BTW, I had to use the links from your post about it, the links in the 3rd post aren't right.

Confirmation number: 9LN727921V339550T.
Donation received. Thanks mate!!

I'll check the links ASAP. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Guys... as much as I wanted to do this, moving the Navigation Bar to the left is WAYYY out of my league.

I was having a look at some repositories and this requires some heavy coding, which I'm unable to "reproduce". This is definitely not a task for me. Sorry guys!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks so much for your hard work. It's brought me over to this forum.

Is it possible that we can make another version of this navbar but without the inverted volume buttons?
vol- vol+ << playpause >>
I might be able to deliver that later today.

How did you find this thread btw? Just curious. :)

Edit:
I wondered when this was going to happen. I flashed a USBROM pre-release update Timur sent me for testing. Turns out the CM guys made some change on the Framework, which messed up my mods. The system bar clock, to be more precise. Instead of showing the time, it just shows "t'". lol
I still have to figure out how to solve this. Unless I want to re-do everything everytime the CM guys change the code. (&/"#$/(&/($$"#"%

·
Registered
593 Posts
Guys... it's important that you read this.

If you're using a CM10.1 based ROM, these mods will NOT work correctly after nightly 20130517. I certainly didn't expect them to be messing with framework at this point, when the word on the street is CM10.1 is about to see its final version. I knew it was a risk, but even so...

Anyway... I still have to decide on what to do about this. Until then... no more mods.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Oh well... I guess there's not much left to do but re-do all the mods for the latest CM10.1 framework. I'm pretty sure CM will be making changes again in the future. The difference is that by then I'll actually be mentally ready for it.

So... as long as I have my N7 to test things out (not installed in my car's dash), MOD SHOP IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS... again!! :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
are you going to maintain the previous mod's for the users that choose not to upgrade?
Sure... I still have the files. Even if you have to send me your SystemUI.apk... no problem. Until I make my final install, at least...
After that... shop will be officially closed, since I won't have any other device to test these on. :|

I've had a user reporting a screen offset experience after installing one of my mods (the center clock one). Did anyone else experience this?

[hr]
Interesting fact: precisely 100 downloads since the day I posted the first mod. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Oh well... I guess there's not much left to do but re-do all the mods for the latest CM10.1 framework. I'm pretty sure CM will be making changes again in the future. The difference is that by then I'll actually be mentally ready for it.

So... as long as I have my N7 to test things out (not installed in my car's dash), MOD SHOP IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS... again!! :)
Would you consider explaining what you are changing to do the mod? I'm using my own kernel and rom with timurs patches and would love the big clock

·
Registered
593 Posts
Would you consider explaining what you are changing to do the mod? I'm using my own kernel and rom with timurs patches and would love the big clock
Hey there...

To set the big centered clock I decompiled the SystemUI.apk, changed system_bar_notification_area.xml under "layout" and outmarked the id/clock object. Then I added it to system_bar.xml by setting it inside a centered LinearLayout.
After that all that's left is to increase the text size. You have to search for styles.xml under "values" folder and change the textSize in the TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock style.

Let me know if you need any more help. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
So, what if I want to get rid of the volume and media buttons? I'm using an EQ for volume control, and my steering wheel buttons for track skip, so I'd rather not have the buttons. USB ROM now includes them by default, though. I tried looking at your changes and using apktool to decompile SystemUI.apk, but it throws an exception when decompiling:

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x01080669

I'm using Apktool v1.5.2

·
Registered
593 Posts
So, what if I want to get rid of the volume and media buttons? I'm using an EQ for volume control, and my steering wheel buttons for track skip, so I'd rather not have the buttons. USB ROM now includes them by default, though. I tried looking at your changes and using apktool to decompile SystemUI.apk, but it throws an exception when decompiling:

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x01080669

I'm using Apktool v1.5.2
This happens because you need to decompile framework-res.apk first. Also, APKtool had a problem with decompiling system files from JB 4.2.2. Don't actually know if that's been sorted yet or not.

Anyway... there should be an easier way. You're probably using USBROM 0523. Just download CM10.1 RC2 Grouper and push the systemui.apk in /system/app/ folder from the zip to /system/framework/ on your N7. That should to the trick. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does it have to be RC2? I've been working off of the latest RC4 but when I pushed that SystemUI.apk, I get an exception every time I click on the notification drawer.

I used apktool to decompile and modify framework-res.apk for my keyboard disable mod. What method did you use, if not apktool?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Does it have to be RC2? I've been working off of the latest RC4 but when I pushed that SystemUI.apk, I get an exception every time I click on the notification drawer.

I used apktool to decompile and modify framework-res.apk for my keyboard disable mod. What method did you use, if not apktool?
I mentioned RC2 because the last USB ROM update was RC2 based. Between RC2 and RC4 a lot of framework changes have been committed. This means if you flash RC4 files on top of USB ROM 0523 you will definitely encounter some issues.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.