Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
that looks nothing like the MIUI port just saying, im working on one right now that uses MIUI images
Agreed but youse doesn't either....lol. Trenton had one for the earlier apex called smooth green. That one looked like the miuis I have seen. He now has smooth blue, which is just blue instead of green.
But I can't compassion about more theme choices.
Well done OP
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Themer
332 Posts
Turdbogls said:
Agreed but youse doesn't either....lol. Trenton had one for the earlier apex called smooth green. That one looked like the miuis I have seen. He now has smooth blue, which is just blue instead of green.
But I can't compassion about more theme choices.
Well done OP
Actually the stuff I'm using is from miui
Go to en.miui.com and judge

·
Supporting Member
183 Posts
If I try to replace the green battery icon I loose the transparent lock sliders. Anyway around that. It happened with a zip file flashed via CWM recovery. Would I get the same, if I replaced the pngs using Ninjamorph?

Edit: answer to my own question. Metamorph successfully changed battery without loosing sliders.

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
Dewguzzler said:
Actually the stuff I'm using is from miui
Go to en.miui.com and judge

Still didn't see it. Everything I saw was the smooth green theme but in white.
But you may be right.... haven't really looked at Miui since 2.2.
But honestly, the images you posted look like gingerbread with a new battery image

·
Sourcerizer
819 Posts
mobile_sensei, can you give me any tips on editing the Apex framework-res.apk? I'm trying to make a few personal updates to the bools.xml, but I can't compile the apk in apk manager after I do so. Fab told me via twitter, that it's because his .9.png files wouldn't compile, so he makes his framework mods, then compiles, then themes it afterwards.

I tried taking the stock gb framework-res, made my xml edits, compiled, then insert images. When I boot up using my framework, I get fc's all over the place.

Thanks.. we can continue on pm if you don't want to hijack your own thread

·
Superuser
258 Posts
I think this is the best way to do it. Decompile the stock framework, decompile mine. Copy over all the XML files from mine into the stock (but not any of the .pngs!). Then, make your xml edits, recompile. Then, theme it, resign it.

I don't have it at the top of my head, but I have a list of all the .xml files I edited. Those are the ones you'll want to delete from the 'keep' folder when you compile in apkmanager (as well as resources.arsc).

EDIT: or if you're really crafty and use a diff tool like Beyond Compare, you can actually see every single .xml edit I made ;-)

·
Sourcerizer
819 Posts
Fabolous said:
I think this is the best way to do it. Decompile the stock framework, decompile mine. Copy over all the XML files from mine into the stock (but not any of the .pngs!). Then, make your xml edits, recompile. Then, theme it, resign it.

I don't have it at the top of my head, but I have a list of all the .xml files I edited. Those are the ones you'll want to delete from the 'keep' folder when you compile in apkmanager (as well as resources.arsc).

EDIT: or if you're really crafty and use a diff tool like Beyond Compare, you can actually see every single .xml edit I made ;-)
Thanks fab, sent you a PM. don't want to hijack this thread too much..

·
Themer
332 Posts
plowerdotnet said:
Thanks fab, sent you a PM. don't want to hijack this thread too much..
Also make sure you bring other xmls you edit after you recompile lol like in the layout folder because those edits won't show up in the resources.arsc

·
Android Lover
556 Posts
OGissimO said:
If I am on ApeX revolution and wanted to install this theme what do I need to do.
it would probably be best to flash apex Rc2 without a wipe
reboot, then flash the theme without a wipe.

you shouldn't need to wipe data when flashing a theme.

·
Themer
332 Posts
klutzed said:
I recently just flashed Apex 2.0 RC2 and it is awesome. I did a wipe cache and then flashed the Miui theme and no i am stuck in a boot look at the Apex screen. any help would be awesome.
take out ur battery, put it back in, plug ur phone into a wall charger wait for it to show its charging then power on with the power on button, should boot up to clockwork recovery. from there either flash a different theme or just reflash apex. then reboot. see if that works

1 - 20 of 36 Posts