Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I am releasing my first barebones for the D2G. It is based off Revnumber's nightlies. This build requires you to be on any GB D2G rom.

Updates Between 1 to 4
Switched to GB kernel
Increased battery life via changes to CM as well as the switch the GB kernel.
Much faster!
Build is much smaller in size too (Download is 77 MB)
EGL and Bluetooth are fixed
Added keymap fix to fix certain keyboard and lockscreen issues
Any other additions inside CM between 08/02 to 08/30

Camera zoom is a none bug along with possible DSP issues (Camera zoom works if you enable zoom from volume buttons)

Download link is in the next post

I have removed:

From Bin/Xbin folders
IRSSI, VIM, and TCPDUMP

From Fonts
I removed the CM one for Chineese (unless Droid fallback has some support)
arabic support. (The reason is not out of hate, but because I have seen these rarely used and they added 4MB to the build size)

From Apps
All CM themes (Left theme support in though so you can add what you want or download them, I use synergy personally)
Stock MMS, Email, Calander and Calculator (Left provider apk's in so you can use replacements or add back in and have it work fine)
Download UI
a few other apk's I can't remember.

From Lib's
Removed SwypeCore

Added auto odex support to /data/

Updated to Go Launcher EX 2.39

Removed from Gapps
G Books , G Talk, Quicksearch, Setup Wizard, LatinIME tutorial.
Changed Market to newest Market available.

All thanks go to Revnumbers, x13thangelx, Gasai Yuno, Asphyx and the rest of the developers for CM4D2G!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I HIGHLY recomend using all the GO apps and widgets as replacements for removed features. For email I use K9 email. All removed features are able to be added back in with other apps or by adding them from Rev's official build. This is meant to be the minimum for people to add specifically what they want.

Download for Release 4

http://www.mediafire.com/?4w27217877wh711

Gapps barebones (Mainly for Market) Note: These did not update because latest gapps package is causing bootloops for me for some reason.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jpbi877rhnc0hjr

·
Android Lover
226 Posts
For us noobz, would you mind posting a quick how to for adding stock messaging and clock etc.? I'm mainly interested in the messaging because I'm not too fond of go messanger. Also if I backup everything with titanium would it add the stock apps back for when I restore all?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To add stock apps back, Download any of rev's builds, preferably the one the barebones is based off. Then open up rev's build and the barebones in either 7zip or winrar and then inside /system/app move over whatever apk you want from rev's to my barebones.

SMS = MMS.apk there is no sms apk.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
It should not add them back unless you tell it to restore /system/ which would roll back the whole OS. I would personally just restore /data/ and work with that. If that doesn't work just start anew and create a new backup for it.

·
Android Beginner
21 Posts
Hey there..... thanks on a great build and everything seems to be working extremely fast and great other than getting the "home" and "search" buttons to work. Any and all help is apprecitated. Thx!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am uploading version 2 of my barebones later tonight when I have time. This one is based off Rev's 8/10 build and has more batterylife and some init and permission fixes. Also I have polished it up a little better regarding libs and what not. Also I am going to add a donation link as well.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah it will be uploaded later today. I have been getting side tracked with tons of different things the past few days but I should have time today.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry about the delay for the barebones. I was busy fixing the camera in MIUI. I will be uploading an even newer version based on 08/16 rather than 08/10 like I was going to.

·
Unreal Android
114 Posts
I'm interested in your ROM, can you provide a list of known bugs?
Does it have BT issues like the RevNumbers ROM?
Is the camera ok so long as you use a 3rd party program like Camera Zoom FX?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It IS rev's rom just following barebones guidelines. Therefore it will have BT issues but camera does work. I will be updating with GB when we get that working.

·
Average Android
75 Posts
"aceoyame said:
It IS rev's rom just following barebones guidelines. Therefore it will have BT issues but camera does work. I will be updating with GB when we get that working.
How's the barebones gb going?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
great, i've been running a build for a few days now. Going to include usb fix and likely upload later today.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
New build is uploading. Overclocked to 1.385 ghz with my barebones running synergy + every go app and theme'd with facebook and k9 mail sync'ing I get about 22.4 Mflop/s in linpack. I also get a 3200 ish score in antutu ( I have a slow ass sd card)

It is using 8/30 nightly base
I applied my EGL fix, also fixed keymaps so some weird lockscreen/home button and search button issues are resolved.
Features are same as before although I did remove the download UI as it was pointless for the most part.

Battery life is also better due to the battery fixes applied since V1 and Gb kernel

Gonna be honest this is V4... I had 2 and 3 to myself because I kept forgetting to upload them.

Oh and it's even smaller than the 1st. I have about 312 MB free @ boot with just barebones running and it's apps. With my theme'd stuff I have about 280-ish free.

Edit: Added link to OP

1 - 20 of 53 Posts