Android OS Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
entheos said:
Let me rephrase the sensor is 100/100 and pages shows 50...What am I doing wrong?
I don't think I know what you mean by "pages shows 50"

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
100 is the intensity of the ambient light. 50 is the brightness level of the screen.

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
"entheos said:
Ok...so I am fine?....
Your sensor says 10/10...mine 100/100...and your screen says 25 while mine says 50...
Those numbers will vary based on light. The 10/10 or 100/100 is the current sensor reading with the calculations applied and the raw sensor level at the current moment. These will vary. The level 25 or 50 is the brightness your screen is actually at. If you go to a dark location you should see 10/10 and whatever your lowest screen brightness setting is.

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Thank you very much...that was a great explanation...I appreciate it...and must report my battery life is much improved.

·
Android Apprentice
104 Posts
Flying_Hellfish said:
Thanks for the reply. I've gone back to SwitchPro with a 30-100 manual setting for now. I'd like to have the time to tweak the AB settings but I probably won't have that until this weekend.
Why are you using switchpro anymore when cm7 has a built in power widget in the notification bar?

Seems like a waste of cpu to me...

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
Flying_Hellfish said:
Did anyone see more battery consumption with this turned on? As soon as I enabled auto brightness my battery was dropping like a stone. I left it for 2 days thinking it was something I was doing. Today I disabled it and there was a distinct increase in battery life as soon as it was disabled. Look at the screenshot, where the graph levels out is where I disabled auto brightness.

Yes been happening to me as well

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Tone_Capone said:
Why are you using switchpro anymore when cm7 has a built in power widget in the notification bar?

Seems like a waste of cpu to me...
There are a few actions available in switchpro that are not available in the cm7 notification bar. Auto Rotate, Screen Always On, Mount/Unmount storage, USB tether... etc.

Most notably for me, is the "Battery Indicator" in switchpro. It's small, displays the percentage and when tapped opens up the android battery usage screen. Quite helpful. I also frequently use the "Reload Media" switch to make the gallery update with the most recently added photos and images I download. It sure beats unmounting/remounting the sdcard just to force a media scan.

I use both the cm7 power bar and switchpro, as the cm7 bar is available from within any app - so I can avoid going back to my home screen just to turn something on/off. Best of both worlds and switchpro doesn't incur very much overhead.

·
Android Lover
106 Posts
entheos said:
Yes been happening to me as well
Of course turning auto brightness off improves battery. Think about it. You now don't have the light sensor needing to work and it doesn't ever crank the brightness all the way unless you physically do it yourself. BUT it really isn't a lot unless you are constantly going from light to dark and the phone keeps having to adjust and process.

From my CM7 X

81 - 93 of 93 Posts