Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
bretth18 said:
Hi, in stock android tethering is in the settings, and was just wondering why that wasn't included on cm7 or if its coming
Do you pay the monthly fee for it? Because I thought that's the only way you could use that one in the stock ROM settings...?

·
Supporting Member
431 Posts
I've been afraid with all of the rumors going around of people getting murdered and raped for using it...

G

·
PatHoge said:
I've been afraid with all of the rumors going around of people getting murdered and raped for using it...
Haha. I don't think they'll really do anything about light tethering even if they can determine you're actually tethering, which is doubtful. PDAnet hasn't served me wrong yet. :p As long as someone isn't using unauthorized tethering as their home ISP, I highly doubt they'll "investigate" it. Massive amounts of bandwidth usage, on the other hand, are likely to attract some attention.

·
Themer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"PatHoge said:
Lol, vzw sends out tactical teams and kills anyone who installs that apk on their devices

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
PatHoge said:
haha, that caught me off guard, very funny.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
razorloves said:
yea, it works fine
i thought so. but when i tried it on liberty .07 the 3g hotspot caught it and redirected me just like the normal 3g hotspot app does when u dont have the plan...so i guess when using the gingerbread, part blur roms, their new security catches it?

·
News Team
208 Posts
SyNiK4L said:
i thought so. but when i tried it on liberty .07 the 3g hotspot caught it and redirected me just like the normal 3g hotspot app does when u dont have the plan...so i guess when using the gingerbread, part blur roms, their new security catches it?
I *think* it's the non-.340 kernel that's catching it too, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know it wasn't an issue on Moto Froyo, but it is on Moto GB.

As far as whether or not they're actually tracking you either way, that's a whole different can of worms I guess :) I don't personally worry, but I've had to tether like 3 times. Either way, I like knowing the option is there in emergencies on the CM7-based ROMs.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

G

·
SyNiK4L said:
I've heard that happening to others as well. Personally, I've never tried wireless tethering. I just use PDAnet and haven't had any problems on Liberty 0.8. According to PDAnet, it tethers in a way that it doesn't trip the security and forward you to that page. Like ndwatkins, I've only had to tether like 2 or 3 times and also don't worry since I do it so rarely.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
ndwatkins said:
I *think* it's the non-.340 kernel that's catching it too, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know it wasn't an issue on Moto Froyo, but it is on Moto GB.

As far as whether or not they're actually tracking you either way, that's a whole different can of worms I guess :) I don't personally worry, but I've had to tether like 3 times. Either way, I like knowing the option is there in emergencies on the CM7-based ROMs.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
ya thats what i mean...liberty .07 is gingerbread.and thats where i saw the problem. but ya i completely agree i want to be able to have the option if i choose.

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
swiftmazda said:
I've heard that happening to others as well. Personally, I've never tried wireless tethering. I just use PDAnet and haven't had any problems on Liberty 0.8. According to PDAnet, it tethers in a way that it doesn't trip the security and forward you to that page. Like ndwatkins, I've only had to tether like 2 or 3 times and also don't worry since I do it so rarely.
and really? ima have to try pdanet out then

G

·
SyNiK4L said:
and really? ima have to try pdanet out then
Let me know how it works for you. I have never had an issue with PDAnet on both .340 and .596 ROMs. Keep in mind that it's free to try out, but it does cost money after the initial trial period if you want to be able to continue to log into secure websites. Oh, and it's not on the Market since it got removed awhile back. Just search PDAnet and go to his site.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts