Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just noticed that the first Release Client of CM7.2 is now available on http://get.cm/?device=vivow. I have not tested yet. Maybe this was a slip or something, but still, awesomeness. Feel free to remove or lock this thread if you think it is unnecessary. I created this thread to have bug reports. Flash at your own risk (but not as much risk as before :D)

Update 1:
Blog post up!
Update 2:
Tested. Its pretty epic. When I use CM9, I miss that battery life. Although I can actually get through the settings in CM9... Anyways, I see no bugs. If I didn't have all my data on ICS, I would switch back

·
Average Android
138 Posts
I would love to try it out.. while nitsuj get's his rom cooking and others for ICS I would love to get back on CM7 ... But I can't get the download to even start... mirror issue or just a ton of downloads?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm running it now, it seems rather ... dated, now that I've been on ICS for the past week or so, but the occasional instability led me to try something new.
It could be because of the increased time on "Draw Something", but I saw significantly decreased battery while using ICS.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm running it now, it seems rather ... dated, now that I've been on ICS for the past week or so, but the occasional instability led me to try something new.
It could be because of the increased time on "Draw Something", but I saw significantly decreased battery while using ICS.
yea, the main reason I wanted to try it is because the battery life is better on it.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dated compared to ICS, maybe...but to the people on CM7, it may be just what we needed. The vanilla kang in the other forum just re-syncs the source fixes, but I hear that this release did other fixes as well, such as the softkey rotation.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dated compared to ICS, maybe...but to the people on CM7, it may be just what we needed. The vanilla kang in the other forum just re-syncs the source fixes, but I hear that this release did other fixes as well, such as the softkey rotation.
No soft key rotation, im on it right now

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Exactly, not sure why they are working on old stuff anymore.
they have been constantly updating changes to each of the phones...when our nightly "changelog" went offline there were over a hundred changes that hadn't been officially "built" by the CM crew. These changes have been built into the various kangs put out by Aeorovan, Condemned Soul, burtncookie and others since the last nightly was released by CM.

This release candidate represents the next official release by the CM team. Think of it as a the most up-to-date kang, incorporating all of the changes.

The reason they keep working on "old stuff" is CM7 is a rock solid stable release, CM9 (ICS) is not. There are many phones that will never get a CM9 port. There will continue to be some work on this version in the background, while many of the devs are focused CM9 refinement.

·
Supporting Member
242 Posts
do you still need to flash gapps with cm's stuff or is it in already now? Been a long time since Ive been on cm.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.