Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure he is, but is cvpcs aware of this problem? My phone idle, cell standby and android system are peaking pretty high on battery use. I noticed very, very poor life with CM so unfortunately I'm going back to Apex. I really hope it is fixed, because my phone has never been smoother. Any feedback appreciated!
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
19 Posts
Weird, I'm the exact opposite.

I've been off charge since 1pm and it's around 30% now, and that's with heavy use the last 3-4 hours. Of course, I have a OC profile set to 400mhz when the screen is off.
 

·
Super Amazing Elite Recognized Developer
Joined
·
523 Posts
its beta for a reason, certain features not working right will result in a crappy battery life. Most cm7 ports start out with terrible battery life and it drastically improves with each release.
 
G

·
mine looks the same way fc127... its a beta guys.. can't expect perfection on the first try. CVPCS has put a lot of hard work into it and once it's at nightly status the fixes will start blowing in... jus gotta be patient and carry your charger with you for time being..
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i never meant to seem unappreciative, i know it's beta, i was just simply wondering if it was just me.
 

·
Google-Fu Master
Joined
·
69 Posts
Returner said:
i never meant to seem unappreciative, i know it's beta, i was just simply wondering if it was just me.
I've noticed the same thing (the idle and standby specifically), and I've been looking around to see if any headway in figuring out a workaround has been made. Honestly I don't think the life is any different, but the reports seem funky. Trying battery calibration from the market to see if a clean log will turn anything up. Will see, can only wait and hope for the best. Cvpcs and the rest have been busting ass to get this going, and I for one love them for it.
 

·
News Team
Joined
·
208 Posts
Krymsyn said:
I've noticed the same thing (the idle and standby specifically), and I've been looking around to see if any headway in figuring out a workaround has been made. Honestly I don't think the life is any different, but the reports seem funky. Trying battery calibration from the market to see if a clean log will turn anything up. Will see, can only wait and hope for the best. Cvpcs and the rest have been busting ass to get this going, and I for one love them for it.
I've been playing with CM7 for a few days now myself, and after a Battery Calibration and stuff too, I'm not convinced battery life itself is actually different. My bat stats are also reporting insanely high cell standby, but my phone doesn't really seem to be dying any more quickly (except for the fact that I've been playing with it constantly because I've been like SHINY CM7, I think my screen on time yesterday was like 3 hours and 45 minutes) but I'll keep up with it and report back again. I'm home for the summer and have no summer classes, so I haven't been using it at my university and it's hard to get an accurate picture of what I would get with normal daily mileage right now. I've also been mostly on wifi. Still, I've been fine making it through 12 hours. I just flashed it on my husband's phone as well (he wants to try it out) and he has the normal BH5X battery (I have the extended version) so we'll see how it plays with his.

I'm trying to keep in mind too, that the reporting stats might be a little wonky. If they are, and battery life is pretty much normal comparatively speaking, the "horrible battery life" that some people (not really on this forum) have been reporting might be related to just the shiny newness of playing with CM7. That's assuming that the system isn't reporting the battery properly, or it's just reporting it differently. Will have to see!
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont know i'm back on my Apex rc2 build and i'm at 25hrs average use with 40% left. on cm7 my batt was at 30% after 12 hours. i hope it's fixable :/. i miss cm7 already but i just can't justify leaving behind an extra 12hours of life
 

·
Member
Joined
·
433 Posts
Returner said:
i dont know i'm back on my Apex rc2 build and i'm at 25hrs average use with 40% left. on cm7 my batt was at 30% after 12 hours. i hope it's fixable :/. i miss cm7 already but i just can't justify leaving behind an extra 12hours of life
Out of curiosity, what's your screen on time? I'm on apex atm until cvpcs get's the camera & video playback sorted, but not getting battery anything like that lol
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
439 Posts
My Solution to battery life issues:
1. Keep phone on charger at nite while sleeping
2. Keep phone on charger when driving
3. Keep phone on charger when sitting around the house doing nothing

The only time I worry about battery life is when I'm using my phone for golf GPS ( which I'll find out about tomorrow @ 7:30am.
)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
47 Posts
lilxman said:
is that good for your battery's life in the long run?
It's better to keep your phone plugged in than it is to run the battery life down. The more often you drain your battery to zero, the faster your battery will stop holding a charge.
 

·
Supporting Member
Joined
·
183 Posts
echonaut said:
It's better to keep your phone plugged in than it is to run the battery life down. The more often you drain your battery to zero, the faster your battery will stop holding a charge.
Agreed. And I use your method of simply plugging it in whenever Im near a source which is often enough between home and the car. I can understand battery life is an issue for people who spend most of the day outdoors, but if you don't there is usually an electrical outlet or usb port around. From what I've read about the Li-ion batteries they cannot be "overcharged " or have memory issues so they can not be plugged in too much. And although it's reasonable to let it get down to zero once a month or so, it is harmful to do so repeatedly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

·
I just hide here
Joined
·
2,237 Posts
ya my battery life is fine...and all i do is wipe dalvik and update to the newest nightly ever night. and sometimes charge fully and wipe batt stats
 

·
Android Beginner
Joined
·
16 Posts
The way *most* lithium batteries work is the closer to 0% your average discharge is, the less cycles your battery life will last.
Example: Your battery will be able to go from 100% to 40% 1000 times before it's considered "dead" (less than 50% of original capacity), OR it can go from 100% to 50% 1200 times, or 100% to 60% 1400 times, etc. (Just an example, not real numbers).

Also, if you're looking for battery savings check out the Auto-Brightness write up. which is AMAZING.
 
G

·
bafish said:
My battery fix for cm7: SSX 2.0 by ChevyNo1
SSX is alright. I still prefer CM7 and riding the nightly train. It's a blast to see how things develop day by day. Battery life has been nothing but awesome for me on CM7 while running ultra low voltage, imoseyon tweaks, and the screen brightness settings in the previous post. Last night, I was at 51% after over 15 hours and 1 hour and 22 minutes of display time. If I didn't charge my phone due to needing a full charge today, I would've easily hit over 24 hours on one charge. Heck, stock didn't even do that for me.

I'm not knocking SSX in any shape or form. It's a great ROM, much like APEX, Liberty, DSX, and others. To each their own, but recommending switching ROMs when someone is clearly asking for a battery fix for CM7 isn't a fix, it's a replacement.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
45 Posts
swiftmazda said:
SSX is alright. I still prefer CM7 and riding the nightly train. It's a blast to see how things develop day by day. Battery life has been nothing but awesome for me on CM7 while running ultra low voltage, imoseyon tweaks, and the screen brightness settings in the previous post. Last night, I was at 51% after over 15 hours and 1 hour and 22 minutes of display time. If I didn't charge my phone due to needing a full charge today, I would've easily hit over 24 hours on one charge. Heck, stock didn't even do that for me.

I'm not knocking SSX in any shape or form. It's a great ROM, much like APEX, Liberty, DSX, and others. To each their own, but recommending switching ROMs when someone is clearly asking for a battery fix for CM7 isn't a fix, it's a replacement.
What app are you using for ultra low voltage?
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top