Android OS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
So I have discovered an issue with the battery. So far I have not been able to diagnose what causes it, but I am not convinced it is related to the Cell Standby and Phone Idle. I don't find them to be any higher than ApeX. I believe that these appear comparatively higher to stock, because the blur framework and other bloat uses more battery and therefore reduces the percentages of Cell Standby and Phone Idle and makes them appear to use less battery on stock.

Here is the issue I have discovered. Using CPU Spy, I have noticed that sometimes the phone does not utilize the Deep Sleep state at all. All day today my phone did not use it. I rebooted a little bit ago once I noticed this, and now it is going into Deep Sleep again. I can't find an app that is using excessive CPU or setting wake lock to keep it active, so it seems that it may be a ROM bug.

Now, all that said, I am still getting excellent battery life. Even today, with the phone not going into Deep Sleep at all, I was at ~12 hours with about 30 emails, 20 min calls, 20 texts, Twitter and FB on 30 min, no battery saving features enabled (wifi sleep or disabling of sync/data), and maybe an hour of music and I still had 68% remaining. This is fairly close to what I was getting on ApeX 2.0 and nearly twice that of stock 596 and it spent all day idling at 300MHz. All of this is at the stock clock and voltage.

Edit: Forgot to mention this was happening on nightly 17 and 18. Currently on 18.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
On xda, there's a tasker profile that puts your phone into deep sleep. Might be worth checking out and comparing.

G

·
wurgy said:
Just a quick question on overclock apps though I'm using QuickClock Advanced. Any chance you've tried it and how it be compared to the Jrummy's?
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to check out QuickClock Advanced since I can't justify spending money on another overclock app. I may try it out eventually, but Android Overclock handles everything I need it to since I just use the preset settings. :)

G

·
airmaxx23 said:
I've used both and I really like QCA since it calculates everything based on your own phone's performance.
That feature really caught my eye. Alas, I'm caught in a dilemma between getting Tasker or QuickClock Advanced. ;) I'm really leaning toward Tasker though since it's just amazing.

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
The battery life issue also caused me to revert to rooted stock gingerbread but I absolutely loved the speed and features of CM7. I tried underclocking, battery calibration etc. etc. but I never could get my phone to the level of making it through a normal eight hour workday on one charge.
Once this issue has been fixed I'm sure I will go back to CM7. For a beta release rom cm7 is an incredible piece of work.

·
Android Beginner
74 Posts
Thanks for the info on the OC'ing Apps. Been ROM surfing alot and there always seems to be a couple "you must buy these" apps and getting sick of throwing $10 to $20 away since they rarely seem to work with other stuff.

Just flashed nightly 21 and have a full charge. Time to see if all bees changes did anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts